Thread: United Kingdom...Are You Ready?

United Kingdom...Are You Ready?

A video featuring Triple H at the United Kingdom tournament, the first day of which was taped yesterday, providing new details on WWE's UK expansion. Triple H announced the formation of an NXT UK brand that will be starting up soon. British wrestling legend Johnny Saint has been tapped as the General Manager and Trips announced that there will be a tag team and women's division as well. No real dates have been provided but, as of right now, it looks like it's going to be a full version of NXT, simply one featuring UK stars.

Personally, I dig the notion of the UK getting its own NXT brand. The UK stars have been a lot of fun to watch while part of NXT and this offers an opportunity to see them, and other potentially great talent, on a more regular basis. I don't know if Triple H will also serve as booker for the new brand, I suppose it's possible now thanks to technology, or if someone else will ultimately be in that role. Either way, as long as Vince McMahon stays out of it, then I like it's chances of succeeding and, just like America's NXT, providing a viable alternative to the main WWE roster are good.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Pigeonholes certain talent, just like 205 Live, but with how WWE booking is I'm not sure that's a bad thing anymore.

3. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I’m excited about this for one thing only...Championship Title Belts. I can’t wait to see the NXT United Kingdom Women’s Championship Title Belt and the NXT United Kingdom Tag Team Championship Title Belts. I wonder if they will rename and redesign the WWE United Kingdom Championship Title Belt to become the NXT United Kingdom Championship Title Belt.
    I donâ??t know if you know!! I donâ??t know if you care!! I donâ??t care if you know!! I donâ??t care if you care!!

I will tell you something about anything, if not everything!!

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is a win-win for all parties involved.
    1. It lets them sign more UK/European performers, especially those who aren't ready to move to the States (either they aren't ready for the main roster or the people don't want to). Sure guys like Dunne/Bate/Seven could come stateside but they may not want to commit to moving across the pond, and there's plenty of other talent who just need more seasoning.
    2. It gives the UK/European performers more airtime, something they have sorely been lacking.
    3. If any NXTUS guys start to get stale, or run out of feuds, just send them to NXTUK for a taping or 2, and give them a break from NXTUS.
    4. It gives UK WWE fans more live events, meaning WWE can get them to part with more of their money.
    5. It (presumably) gives European WWE Network Subscribers a TV show that first airs at a reasonable time, instead of 2AM. As far as I know, an NXTUK weekly show would be the only one, as all the other new stuff airs after the live shows (at least here in the US).

I really fail to see any negative with this.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The inevitable NXTUS vs NXTUK takeover show should be good

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    The inevitable NXTUS vs NXTUK takeover show should be good
    Oh my, that's going to feature a War Games, isn't it?

Thread Information