Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Cass released

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    I dunno. It's not so surprising when you think about it.

Carmella - Hot blonde that's a former professional dancer and certified fitness instructor with the body to prove it.

Enzo Amore - Obnoxious 30 year old going on 15 years old too stupid to know when to keep his mouth shut and barely knows the basics of in-ring work.

Big Cass - Slow, plodding 7 footer that was average in the ring but would get hostile towards people backstage who didn't share his views.

So yeah...I'd keep Carmella instead of those two any ol' day of the week.
    Remember, Enzo and Cass debuted together, much earlier than Carmella did.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nothing against her work but the place was on fire when Enzo & Cass debuted. People are excited for Carmella when a comedy jobber stands next to her.

3. Likes #AbsoluteUnit, Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Jack-hammer, you seem to like Uncle Dave a lot.
    Last edited by #AbsoluteUnit; 06-19-2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: i'm dumb.

5. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Jack-hammer, you seem to like Uncle Dave a lot.
    Say what you want about him as a person or as a reviewer, but you can't deny that he is the go to guy for news and rumors when it comes to wrestling.

In the terms of Cass: I feel like Cass could've been at the very least a solid heel as their answer to Baron Corbin, probably not someone who can main event but can fill the role if need be and capable of being a great foil to other workers. At the very least, i'd assume he would have a brief world title reign. Regardless, what's done is done and now we can only wonder what his career could've been like and what happened that caused his release.

On that note, allow me to extend my congratulations to Carmella for being the last member of Team SAWFT standing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Say what you want about him as a person or as a reviewer, but you can't deny that he is the go to guy for news and rumors when it comes to wrestling.
    That's just it. I don't care about his news and predictions. Sports Entertainment/professional wrestling is pre-determined. I don't hate the guy, but I don't understand the massive dick riding the dude gets.

8. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rumors going around the mill were that this was coming down the pike and the only reason it didn't come sooner was because of the advertised match with Bryan.

Apparently, he was specifically told not to beat up that little person on Smackdown a few weeks back. He was supposed to only deliver a big boot and that's it. He asked if he could do more to get some more heat and was out and out told NO. He did it anyway. Then there were all kinds of negative rumors coming from their European tour. Rumors such as Cass being drunk in public and acting belligerent. He apparently broke a restroom after being locked in it. There were other things as well pertaining to his attitude.

My guess is that he had mega backstage heat and they were fed up. Also, botching that drop toe hold at MitB probably didn't help as he got an audible 'you can't wrestle' chant for that. Oh well, no huge loss. I wish him well.

10. Likes Wildcat66, Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When you have a giant like Braun Strowman it only highlights the deficiencies in somebody like Cass.

12. Likes Lee, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I only now found out about this. I've heard rumors that Cass rubbed people the wrong way backstage, and the story about him going into business for himself with the midget didn't do him favors. Yet he still wrestled two PPV bouts against Bryan. Sure, he lost both, but I assumed he'd just be in the dog house for a while. Cass must have created a whole new mess for himself for Vince to jettison him out of the company this suddenly.

Another example of how funny wrestling can be sometimes. Enzo & Cass were the hottest team since New Day and could have been a merchandise machine for years. Not only did they never capture a tag title, but now both are out of the company after only two years on the main roster. Carmella has become far and away the most successful of the SAWFT trio when she was easily its weakest link. Good for her as she's clearly worked her butt off to improve.

Cass could have been something special. But like his tag partner, he seemed to have a knack for pissing off the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Valjean View Post
    I only now found out about this. I've heard rumors that Cass rubbed people the wrong way backstage, and the story about him going into business for himself with the midget didn't do him favors. Yet he still wrestled two PPV bouts against Bryan. Sure, he lost both, but I assumed he'd just be in the dog house for a while. Cass must have created a whole new mess for himself for Vince to jettison him out of the company this suddenly.

Another example of how funny wrestling can be sometimes. Enzo & Cass were the hottest team since New Day and could have been a merchandise machine for years. Not only did they never capture a tag title, but now both are out of the company after only two years on the main roster. Carmella has become far and away the most successful of the SAWFT trio when she was easily its weakest link. Good for her as she's clearly worked her butt off to improve.

Cass could have been something special. But like his tag partner, he seemed to have a knack for pissing off the wrong people.
    As had been mentioned, aside from the thing "Little Bryan", Cass had some other things that just now seem to be coming out, at least according to the WON. One issue was that Cass had blown off rehearsal for a promo that Kevin Dunn wanted to do, some sources claim that it happened only once while others say it happened multiple times. Cass did eventually do the promo but it wasn't appreciated that he blew it off. Another problem seems to have sprung up during WWE's European tour in which Cass, while traveling with other talent via bus and wound up locking himself in the shitter. Well, Cass thought he was being pranked, got pissed and kicked down the door only to find out it wasn't a prank and that he'd accidentally locked himself in. As a result, nobody else on the bus could use the can with privacy and WWE had to pay for damages. It was also mentioned in some reports that a big blow up Cass had in regards to his defense of Donald Trump was with Sami Zayn in regards to how Trump's policies, or attempts to get certain initiatives passed, treated Muslims. People look at Sami Zayn and forget that not only is he of Syrian descent, but he's also a practicing Muslim; of course, just because you're about as white as white can get doesn't mean you can't be a follower of the Muslim faith, it's simply that most followers of Islam just don't look or sound like Sami Zayn. There are also rumors that Cass has been been "big dogging" some talent in the locker rooms, which means he's been throwing his weight around and has actually told some of them to leave which, if true, could be a major issue. Yet another rumor going about was Cass drinking heavily while on the tour, and he's apparently a mean drunk as it led to arguments and words with others on the tour, and he made public appearances for the company while intoxicated.

If all of this is true, which I'm sure at least some of it is, then Cass strikes me as someone who felt he was a much bigger deal and much more important in the company than he actually was. My guess, Vince decided to fire him sometime within the past few weeks but wanted to wait until Cass had put Bryan over rather than just let him go and scrap the whole feud in the middle of things. Personally, I don't really see it as any sort of loss. As Jake alluded to, there's nothing at all Cass has brought to the table that Braun Strowman can't do and do a lot better.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 06-21-2018 at 06:28 PM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    According to wrestlingnews.co. I'm not familiar with this source so make of it what you will;

We were told that he went up to her and, according to a well-placed source, caused a scene while asking her to forgive him, apparently in hopes for a reconciliation. Carmella tried to walk off but he grabbed her arm and wrestlers in the area stepped in. WeĆ¢??re told that The Usos and Erick Rowan were the ones to get Cass to back away.
    If true, this takes a sharp turn from oh well into good riddance. There are also rumours circulating that Cass threatened 205 Live announcer Vic Joseph over simply talking to Carmella.

So long, farewell. Enjoy the star studded lights of Ryback's podcast or something.

Thread Information