Thread: Opinions of Rousey Thus Far?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Opinions of Rousey Thus Far?

Can we finally tell the Rousey detractors and nay sayers to go eat shit? I mean, IMO, she has more than proven herself to be a good professional wrestler. Especially in the ring. I'd agree with anyone who said that her character and mic skills need work, but she has stolen the show with both of her matches and it just seems like she gets it. Especially selling. She sells like a 10 year vet. As a matter of fact, I've seen few people sell as well as she does. I'm a fan of Rousey's now and I'm excited to see what she does in the future.

What do you guys think? Is it too soon to be singing her praises? Has she just gotten lucky? Do you like her or dislike her? Let me know your opinions.

2. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    She might be the best female on the roster. I wasn't a fan at first, but she has made a fan. Her two matches have been very impressive, and I could see her main eventing WrestleMania. I really have no criticism of her.

4. Likes SSJPhenom liked this post
    Rousey's only issues that I've been able to see are when she's giving these canned, scripted promos to do. It's just not her and it's so easy to tell. On Monday, when she snapped at Renee backstage this past Monday or went off on Nia Jax on Raw the Monday before that and delivered with fire and passion, THAT'S what people expect to, want to and hope to hear from Rousey. I'm not saying she has to scream at the top of her lungs or anything like that, but Ronda Rousey coasting in neutral on the microphone just doesn't get it done.

As for her stuff in the ring, she's doing a great job. I'd like to see her incorporate more pro wrestling moves into her arsenal, and I think she will at some point, but what she's doing now works just fine and she sells like a champ in the ring. She made Nia Jax look like a million bucks and, truth be told, vice versa. She helped Nia deliver her best performance. I think a lot of the doubt comes from people expecting her to be like Brock Lesnar: lazy, entitled, uncommitted and only there for a massive paycheck without any real love or passion for what he's doing.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes SSJPhenom liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think her facials are ridiculous but she'll really come into her own when she's an arrogant heel.

No complaints from a relative novice who's been thrown in at the deep end.

8. Likes SSJPhenom liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I like her. Actually I like her a lot. I don't watch, and I'm not a fan of MMA. However, she's been doing just fine thus far, transitioning from MMA to professional wrestling aka the WWE. I won't lie, I'm a huge fan of hers and no doubt I'd love nothing more than her to succeed. Obviously, she's still green, yet that is expected. I'm excited for her future.

10. Likes Wildcat66, SSJPhenom, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    She's a natural. Has "female Kurt Angle" written all over her.

I could not be more pleasantly surprise with what I've from her thus far. And this is coming from someone who believes the majority of WWE women's wrestling absolutely sucks, but Ronda is killing it and I'm stoked to see what she deliveries in the future.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I haven't watched much wrestling since Wrestlemania, but the few times I've watched and seen Rousey, I think she's done well. The WWE needs to keep her in a role similar to a Lesnar, where her appearances are a special event. This will not only keep her drawing power up, but also give her more and more time to train and improve.

13. Likes SSJPhenom, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information