I don't know if this will make sense or not, or if it'll come across as unnecessarily convoluted, but I'm wondering if WWE might be going for the idea of teaming Bryan & the Miz together as a means of kicking their expected SummerSlam feud off to another level.

I just have this feeling that Paige will team the two of them together, maybe if the BBs wind up attacking Miz on next week's episode of SmackDown Live. There's no question that there's a great dynamic between Miz and Bryan, they have some of the best chemistry of any two people in the entire WWE, and the frustration building between them during the build for a SD Tag Team Championship match before finally exploding at some point during the match does seem like it could be fun. It wouldn't take much to set either of them off but if WWE went with this, Miz would turn on Bryan and leave him for the BBs at Extreme Rules. So not only would Miz screw Bryan over, he'd cost him a championship and we're off and running for Bryan vs. Miz at SummerSlam.

I think a simpler way to have done it would be for Bryan to have made it all the way to the end of the gauntlet match, going over Samoa Joe via count out, managing to pin Rusev and then get jumped by the BBs before Miz's music hit. Miz picks the bones and goes onto face AJ Styles at Extreme Rules. In the weeks building up to ER, it comes to light that Miz provided a little extra incentive for the BBs to attack Bryan and this leads to Bryan helping to cost Miz the WWE Championship at Extreme Rules. Of course, the downside with that would've been Rusev not getting a title shot, which a lot of people seem to like even if it's just a one off program.

Forcing Miz & Bryan to team up might be a little unnecessary, but it could be a fun story if it's written in a way that gives the impression that despite their tensions, they seem like they're on the same page if the BBs wind up beating Miz down. Plus, this gives Bryan, Miz & the BBs something to do for Extreme Rules and saves Bryan vs. Miz for SummerSlam instead of diluting the program by having a match already. That in and of itself would be something of a departure for the main roster's standard operating procedure.