Thread: Something Different For New Day?

Something Different For New Day?

There are rumors going about that WWE might be trying something unique in regards to New Day's future. There's been speculation of WWE breaking the group up for a while, something that's picked up the last few days after seeing Big E's performance against Daniel Bryan in the gauntlet match with E getting a big singles push. The rumor going about is that WWE plans to keep the trio united, but to push them as singles wrestlers operating within their three man faction. Exactly how they're going to go about this is something I haven't read about, which means they're probably not sure themselves, but the standard operating practice for nearly every faction in any company is for one or more of the faction members to turn, such as what we saw go down with Seth Rollins and the Shield. New Day is a popular act, however, that makes a lot of money for the company via merchandise and ticket sales so trying a different approach in order to help keep the group together, yet separate, is a novel approach. Even if it doesn't work out, then WWE can always fall back on taking the traditional route.

If WWE means to "push' all three of them in terms of elevating them as singles stars, it might be hard to pull off as there are only so many spots. The easier thing would be to split them up, of course, and I could easily see Woods heading for 205 Live. Woods would be a highly charismatic Cruiserweight Champion, something I think the title needs as Cedric Alexander, while talented, doesn't have the personality to elevate the brand to the next level. Kofi seems to be firmly placed as a mic-carder but I wouldn't mind seeing him get at least one real shot as a WWE or Universal Championship contender. I think he's also someone who could be of real use on 205 Live as he has a lot of credibility and can wrestle the faster, more athletic style. If a main event shot is out of the question, at least the Cruiserweight Division offers something different as Kofi will have already done anything else; he's been a 7 time Tag Team, 4 time Intercontinental and 3 time United States Champion so it'd just feel like he's spinning his wheels. Big E is loaded with personality and he's someone I could easily see floating in and out of the upper mid-card to main event pictures.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As entertaining as New Day might be, what is left for them to do as a group? They've feuded with basically every team on both Smackdown and Raw. They've won tag titles and broken the record for the longest reign, so it's time to break them up.

Big E has the highest ceiling of the group. He's charismatic, good in the ring, and just 32. I'm not sure if he'll ever be WWE Champion, mostly due to all the talent on the roster. However he should at least be in the main event scene, and according to rumors, Vince wanted him to be the face of the company instead of Roman a few years ago. While that may not be accurate, they know they have a star, and he'll probably be the most pushed of the group.

Kofi Kingston will probably go back to the mid-card scene, and that's not a bad thing. I know a lot of people want him as world champion, but there's a lot of talent. I wouldn't be opposed to maybe a month long reign or so, but for the most part he should be a mid-carder.

As others have said, Xavier can go to 205 Live. If not, he can be a manager, maybe for Big E. He could also join the mid-card scene with Kofi, or they could form a tag team. I don't see Xavier as a top star, but again that's certainly not a bad thing.

3. Likes smarkmouth, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If the New Day were to become a faction of 3 singles SuperStars instead of a Tag Team Trio, then I would like to see Kofi Kingston as WWE World Champion, Big E as United States Champion, and Xavier Woods as Cruiserweight Champion. Maybe they could even add 2 more SuperStars to have New Day representatives in the Tag Team Division, but who?? Who!? WHO!?
    I donâ??t know if you know!! I donâ??t know if you care!! I donâ??t care if you know!! I donâ??t care if you care!!

I will tell you something about anything, if not everything!!

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Kofi seems to be firmly placed as a mic-carder but I wouldn't mind seeing him get at least one real shot as a WWE or Universal Championship contender.
    My man! Props to you sir.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Before Big E being in the Gautlet Match, Xavier Woods was getting several singles matches including wins over both Cesaro and Sheamus. Initially, the story to Money In The Bank seemed to indicate Xavier was going to be the participant in the Ladder Match before going with the more experienced Kofi.

With the idea of them going the singles route, that doesn't sound bad at all. The cliche of a team needing to split up to go into singles careers is pretty cliche. New Day members have great familiarity as they are right now and all three have a level of singles success (Xavier's being in TNA).

As for Xavier in 205 Live, it would be weird given how much more well built he is than Kofi. But one of them being there and bringing the whole act would be a great idea to add some star power to the show.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information