Thread: Alberto Del Rio's Cash In

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Alberto Del Rio's Cash In

Alberto Del Rio. He needs no introduction. He's a wrestler who's reputation has been destroyed thanks to a toxic relationship, questionable decisions and a general poor attitude on his part.

With that said, it can't be denied that the guy has had a hell of a career for himself and that he's a solid, crisp in ring worker who put on many good matches during his time in WWE, Lucha Underground, AAA and other promotions.

However, I feel like there's one moment in Del Rio's career that will forever be etched onto his name; and I don't think it gets enough credit. That being his cash in against C.M Punk in SummerSlam 2011.

On the surface, it's par for the course in terms of how Money in the Bank cash ins go. Someone attacks, MiTB holder rushes in to cash in, short match, pinfall, usually a new champion. But in my opinion, something about Alberto Del Rio's cash in took it to another level. Maybe it was the fact it took place during the Summer of Punk or that the audience was still in disbelief over Kevin Nash's return, or Del Rio's reaction after beating Punk or even the mini freakout Michael Cole had just afterwards.

Whatever it was, I feel like that's what made this cash in perfect and I feel is the best moment of his career.

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It was a pretty forgettable moment and dare I say so was the Summer of Punk.

4. Likes Lee liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That it involved Kevin Nash was bad enough. Totally horrible moment.

Del Rio had plenty vetted moments. I find quite underwhelming though. His face run wasn't horrible and Ricardo was the best bit usually.

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information