Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Wrestlemania Traditions?

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So the past 3 years I've gone to visit friends Wrestlemania Weekend. 2015 was a coincidence, and my friend had not been a fan but we watched while his wife was in another room confused as to why we were watching. 2016 we went to Mania 32 as it was 20 minutes from his house, and his wife watched her first match during Takeover, and didn't know it was predetermined. 2017 we watched it together and she was a fan. 2018 I'm going to be in New Orleans for all the events. With 2019 rumored to be in New York or Philly I'll likely be going again as well.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post
    I think that I have only tuned in for one Wrestlemania in the last seven years.

It just isn't worth staying up for for an old codger like me
    Rollins versus Triple H was, unsurprisingly, enough to separate me from this plane of consciousness. I am normally successful in staying up-- well, considering WrestleMania is now seven hours long and starts at one in the morning, all night. I'm less successful at being a functional human being the next day.

Gaz - the artist formerly known as Tastycles - came over one year and we ate Doritos in my bedroom.

Seeing the Royal Rumble live was honestly always higher on my list of priorities than a WrestleMania, and now I've done that and it honestly was everything I'd hoped it would be, but I would like to see at least one WrestleMania in person. If the next WrestleMania is indeed in New York, it might be sooner rather than later...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The last couple years I've had a group of friends over to watch. They know absolutely nothing but wrestling and it's the only show they watch all year, but they're very patient and always end up enjoying it. I've thought about encouraging them to become fans but I have a feeling one episode of Raw would quickly bring that to an end.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    See, that's the sort of thing that's an impossibility in the UK.

"Do you want to come over and watch the wrestling? Just for a laugh?"
    "Oh, alright, when's it on?"
    "One in the morning until five in the morning, or maybe an extra hour either side, I forget."

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I used to have a fun tradition with my father and uncle we did for a few years of going over my uncle's house and playing the newest WWE video game for a few hours (admittingly that was just my uncle and I) and order a pizza before settling in to watch the big show on pay-per-view. It was fun but the trend ended with Wrestlemania 29 which was also the last one before the network. My tradition now is just watching with my father at home, usually getting some take out from somewhere for dinner,, have a couple drinks and watch the show together. I have thought about inviting over one of my friends who watches wrestling before but for whatever reason haven't done it. May change that this year though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I used to watch it with Sam, I think. It depends now, if it's in the Easter Holiday, I get up to watch it. This year, I'm back at school, so I will probably avoid spoilers and the forums like the plague and then watch it with my girlfriend and a couple who live in the building next door, who are, astonishingly, the only other people in the Middle East who are British and like wrestling.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I watched it once in Tasty's flat. We didn't get bullied, Sam didn't drink someone's urine and nobody had to listen to the Big Bossman, so it was an above average event.

Typically, I watch it the day after, unless I'm working, in which case I will watch it live and then spend the next week regretting my poor decision making skills.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm more a person for Royal Rumble traditions than Wrestlemania traditions honestly. When it comes to the Rumble, I usually watch it with a couple of friends and end up ingesting 3 and a half litres of cider or so.

As for Wrestlemania, it's more of a variable. Sometimes I watch it live (last one I watched live was Wrestlemania 30 though, where I freaked out when the Streak was broken), but otherwise, I catch it the next day when I can put a chunk of time aside.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mine usually is just getting together with my family back home and watching it together, nothing really fancy. Might have a friend or two over if they're vaguely interested, but beyond that, it just gets treated like the Royal Rumble and Summerslam for me in terms of what I do for it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
    I watched it once in Tasty's flat. We didn't get bullied, Sam didn't drink someone's urine and nobody had to listen to the Big Bossman, so it was an above average event.

Typically, I watch it the day after, unless I'm working, in which case I will watch it live and then spend the next week regretting my poor decision making skills.
    I had forgotten about said events. Hopefully it wasn't overflowing with bluttered Australians either?

Thread Information