Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Wrestlemania Traditions?

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What Are Your Wrestlemania Traditions?

We're less than seven weeks away from Wrestlemania and since that's practically a holiday for some of us, what do you do? Are you watching by yourself or with people? Eat special foods? Go somewhere to watch the show? How do you do it and are you doing anything special this year?

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I usually just watch on my own and chat in the LDs as no one I know likes it.

Kinda boring but it suits me as i don't do crowds well enough to want to go out. I may make a special snack this year though

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm gonna have a watch party with like three or four friends and we're going to get whatever snacks are at the nearby campus corner store. Probably have some drink on hand. May get my gf involved, but she doesn't really care for wrestling unless Rey Mysterio will be there.

She's coming around to the women's wrestling lately though so fingers crossed I make a fan out of her yet. Wrestlemania is my recruitment tool by god.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I, somehow in this day and age, have quite a few friends who watch wrestling. Throughout the year, they come and go when it comes to watching PPV's live. But everyone makes an effort for WrestleMania and, somehow, always end up at my house. With the NXT the night before, I tend to make the Sunday my equivalent of the Superbowl.

I intentionally miss NXT the night before, sleep until maybe 3 or 4 in the afternoon and start watching wrestling. I watch the Raw and SD from the week before as a recap, NXT from the night before and then the Kick Off and Mania right after. It usually means upwards of 11 or 12 hours of wrestling.

Everyone brings snack, juice or booze and we have a good time. I normally do a predictions contest similar to the one I run on WZ. There's nothing like watching it with friends.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have a buddy who lives in Cardiff who takes it in turns with me to host Mania. This year we're up at his for NXT, Mania and the RAW after. Pepsi, Doritos and plenty more junk food flow freely as we struggle not to fall asleep at the ever expanding Mania's length.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've had to unfortunately miss the last few Manias as I'm usually on vacation with my wife at the time and will just follow up on the Network when I get back. Shes doesn't have an interest in wrestling, but doesn't mind me watching it. Funny enough, we're visiting New Orleans next weekend, last min plans due to natural disasters changing our original one, but will probably be able to network it this time. Although, I found out two of my work colleagues were big Attitude Era fans, so might have to see if they're up for a Mania gathering.

I still remember watching WM26 at a bar in Canterbury where people were up late to watch it, which was a fun experience, but I don't think there's anything like that near me now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Until this most recent relationship I always watched by myself with some sort of pizza or burger or burrito type food as the main course and snacks throughout. I usually watch the HOF ceremony Friday evening and NXT on Saturday since that has been a thing and just have dinner while I watch. Sunday, since it is basically an all day event these days, I try to block off my entire day with my girlfriend so we can watch. Sometimes I will hit up the LDs or text some friends who are watching. Thankfully you can pause the Network cause last year I had to poop really bad before the Rollins/Triple H match.

I do miss being a wee Yazzy and watching with my folks though. We used to order every PPV and my dad would always complain to Dish Network over Wrestlemania costing more.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think that I have only tuned in for one Wrestlemania in the last seven years.

It just isn't worth staying up for for an old codger like me

9. Likes TheManTheyCalledNorCal liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Usually the wife and I have friends come over, they bring some snacks, I cook some dumplings or order a pizza, make some cheese dip and we watch the 2305320 hours of Wrestlemania. Not sure about this year though, as our wrestling friends had a baby so....

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Babies ruin everything. I'm at the age that most of the people I grew up close to already have kids and my girlfriend is at the age where most of those people she grew up close to are just having kids and our social circle just keeps shrinking because, rightfully so, people put their children first.

Thread Information