Thread: Harlan Ellison Passes Away

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Harlan Ellison Passes Away

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/35...-ellison-died/

Some of you might be unfamiliar with Harlan Ellison, but he was a big deal in the sci-fi/short story world, famous for penning "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream" and "A Boy And His Dog", which heavily inspired both The Terminator and Fallout series respectively. He also wrote scripts for Star Trek (including the script for "The City on the Edge of Forever, commonly seen as the best episode of the original series).

The guy was also notoriously hot-headed, and was definitely a controversial figure in the sci-fi community, but honestly, I respect that he spoke his mind, and he certainly backed up his moxie with an unbelievable talent for writing. He also had a great voice for narration and voice-acting, as his audiobooks and his voiceover work in the game based on IHNMAIMS proves. I don't agree with everything he did, but in a sea of talent, he certainly stood out above almost all of his peers.

RIP to a great author.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    RIP Harlan Ellison

Thread Information