Thread: ROH Best In The World 2018

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ROH Best In The World 2018

Anybody else watching? Pretty good card tonight.

I watched it last night at a friend's house. It was an okay show, solid all around but it just felt kinda meh all around.

ROH is in a bit of a slump in which nothing that goes on really feels like it's important right now.

A couple of the matches had no real heat, nor were all that interesting because they were simply ROH vs. NJPW matches in which the wrestlers had no interaction with each other, like the opening of the Kingdom vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon and Jay Lethal vs. Kushida. It's just hard for me to care about those matches because there's no real reason to.

The ROH World Tag Team Championship match between the Briscoes and the Young Bucks was easily the best match on the card. It's nice to see an ROH match in which the Bucks come off looking like they're in actual trouble, that they might not actually be able to beat their opponents. It's something they've shown a helluva lot more of in New Japan this year and this is one of the first times I've seen it in ROH.

The main event was...well it was just kinda there. Nothing special and that sorta sums up the show as a whole. Several matches, such as the main event in particular, felt kind of rushed and needed more time to sink in. I thought it was a C+ show, decent overall but nothing special.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

3. Likes Skairipa liked this post

Thread Information