Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MYCII News

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

MYCII News

Here's the first of what should be a handful of announcements in the coming days. Via wwe.com

After more than four years away from WWE, former Divas Champion Kaitlyn will make her in-ring return this summer when she competes in the 2018 Mae Young Classic.

The news, which was first reported by ESPN, makes Kaitlyn the first official participant to be revealed for this yearâ??s 32-woman tournament.
    Decent first string announcement. I liked Kaitlyn towards the end of her run.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I loved Kaitlyn. She was gorgeous, and a pretty underrated performer in the ring. She had some great matches with AJ Lee.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

You know, this might explain why there's been a distinct shortage of pics of Kaitlyn posing near nude, in skimpy lingerie or barely there bikinis for much of this year: she's been training for an in-ring return. I know that hardly a day went by last year and early this year in which wrestlinginc.com didn't have at least one new pic of her on a daily basis.

I wasn't hugely impressed with Kaitlyn in the ring except for her matches with AJ. However, to be fair, Kaitlyn's matches with AJ Lee were really the only instances in WWE during those days in which women were told to go out there and actually wrestle. I mean, her matches with AJ were the first 10+ minute matches for women that I could remember in the longest time and I remember how excited a lot of people were since we were hoping this meant a sign of things to come for the women's division. I'm curious to see how, if any, she's changed. She had a unique look, a hot one as well, but she had no personality. I don't know if it was just her, if it was Vince's restrictions or what.

Truth be told, I'd like to see some of these tournaments eventually get around to being conducted under round robin rules as it could mean more quality programming added to the WWE Network. Round robin style can give you more opportunities to see what the wrestlers bring to the ring and with a variety of different opponents. Someone who doesn't look particularly impressive losing his/her first match in a single elimination tournament could potentially flourish in a round robin setting.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    She's cool. Good to see her back in the ring. She'll probably put someone over. I wouldn't mind seeing her back in the WWE full-time again.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wait, did I miss something? Who cares about Kaitlyn and why are people moderately excited for her to come back?

6. Likes Spidey, ShinChan liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Don't let this distract you from Jack Hammer stating there aren't many sexy pics nowadays because a barely remembered woman will compete in a tournament.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Wait, did I miss something? Who cares about Kaitlyn and why are people moderately excited for her to come back?
    Eh, I'm not bouncing in my chair but she was pretty competent, especially towards the end of her run. I'm no more excited than when Serena Deeb was announced for MYC1. It's just nice to see a familiar face.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    She had decent matches, got better in the ring, and had a unique look. She has somewhat of a Beth Phoenix quality to her.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Eh, I'm not bouncing in my chair but she was pretty competent, especially towards the end of her run. I'm no more excited than when Serena Deeb was announced for MYC1. It's just nice to see a familiar face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    She had decent matches, got better in the ring, and had a unique look. She has somewhat of a Beth Phoenix quality to her.
    We must not have been watching the same matches...

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    They announced the next participant earlier today, an Australian wrestler named Rhea Ripley. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StFT-tL2Dtw

The basics are she's 20 years old, has been involved in wrestling since her mid teens, she's a smokin' hot green eyed blonde and she's signed to NXT.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Thread Information