Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MYCII News

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I'm afraid you are. Dakota was eliminated by Kairi Sane. Thanks for confirming the Battle Royal, I couldn't find a reference for that.
    I botched it. Dakota Kai did face Rhea Ripley and actually defeated her. And yes, you're right. Sane defeated Kai. Ripley got out in the second round itself. My wrong. Sorry.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Not to go off topic, but you really need to watch NXT. I watched the last Takeover event and was kicking myself for not having watched it all this time.
    I feel that about every TakeOver when I have to be content with seeing just the highlights...

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In what might be the be the biggest announcement to date, the MYC has confirmed that Japan Legend Meiko Satomura will perform in the Mae Young Classic!

via wwe.com;
    A head-kicking demigod of the Japanese wrestling scene is headed to the Mae Young Classic.

Meiko Satomura, a 23-year veteran who is considered the final boss in Japan â?? the one opponent that every starry-eyed wrestler strives to defeat â?? is now confirmed for this yearâ??s global tournament, Tokyo Sports reported.

A living legend in the Far East, Satomura began training for the ring in 1994 at age 14. She made her professional debut the following year and stands as one of the few active competitors whose origin dates to Japanâ??s thunderous womenâ??s wrestling boom in the 1990s. Viewed as a top prospect from day one, Satomura even competed in WCW early in her career. Mentored by Chigusa Nagayo (one-half of the famous Crush Girls tag team), she also trained under catch-wrestling icon Billy Robinson.

Known for her debilitating Death Valley Bomb and explosive Scorpion Rising axe kick, Satomura is a master of Joshi Strong Style (the hard-hitting in-ring style associated with Japanese female wrestlers). As the founder of Sendai Girls Pro Wrestling, she has been a formidable advocate for womenâ??s wrestling.
    Also returning to the tournament from last year are Mercedes Martinez and Toni Storm. Martinez is a veteran in her own right, and was partly responsible for the in-ring training of current NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler. Storm was a huge standout from last year's tournament. She just has it, and can go in the ring, too! Both Storm and Martinez were semi-finalists in last year's tournament, losing to Sane and Baszler respectively.

There are presently 21 confirmed names, so there are presumably another 11 to go. Hard to imagine a bigger name than Satomura being announced, but who knows!

Also worth noting that the finals will take place at WWE Evolution in October. This will be a much better setting than last year's finals, which were squeezed in after an episode of Smackdown. In my opinion, the finals lost a lot of energy due to presentation and setting despite best efforts by the company.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And the Impact Knockouts division now has a presence in the tournament as Madison Rayne, now known as Ashley Rayne is involved.

MYC has also confirmed popular Japanese star Hiroyo Matsumoto into the fray, as well as Vanessa Kraven. Kraven is a talent from here in Montreal who I've seen a few times at IWS (old stomping ground of Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn). She's got a great look and impressed me each time I've seen her work. Hope that it translates to TV.

I think that rounds up all participants. I'm very disappointed that the WWE isn't taking a second look at Jazzy Gabert. She impressed alot of people last year, even after being eliminated in the first round.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I am mistaken, as WWE continues to announce names. Rachel Ellering returns to the tournament.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sienna/Allysin Kay has also been added and I'm pumped for that one. If they don't go the obvious and boring route of having the big japanese star win it again, she could be a good choice to win.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ESPN'a Tim Fiorvanti just reported the following;

The three-person commentary team for the second @MaeYoungClassic will feature @TheBethPhoenix & @ReneeYoungWWE alongside @MichaelCole.
    Coverage on WWE Network starts August 29 with Bracketology with @mauroranallo,
    Matches air starting September 5.

Providing Michael Cole isn't overproduced, which I don't expect, that's a pretty solid team!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ugh Michael Cole. Was hoping for Mauro.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skairipa View Post
    Ugh Michael Cole. Was hoping for Mauro.
    Were it not for last year's UK tournament, I'd be there with you. While I still prefer Mauro, hearing Cole without the promotional chains binding him is something I look forward to.

13. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Were it not for last year's UK tournament, I'd be there with you. While I still prefer Mauro, hearing Cole without the promotional chains binding him is something I look forward to.
    I want MAAMA MIAAAAAAA. Can Cole do it? I hope that he does.

Thread Information