Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch On the Road to WrestleMania

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch On the Road to WrestleMania

Ya'll know it; Becky Lynch, after losing to Asuka in the opener last night, took an injured Lana's spot in the women's Rumble and in spite of fatigue and another injury caused by Nia Jax, managed to eliminate Charlotte last to win it all. Later, that same fateful night, Seth Rollins entered the men's Rumble at number 10 and outlasted everyone else to cement his route to a championship match at WrestleMania.

Neither was a totally surprising result, but both offer intriguing and potentially tantalising clashes. Obviously both Becky vs. Ronda (vs. Charlotte?) and Rollins vs. Lesnar have been talked about at length by various outlets, sources and forums, but there is of course the possibility that Becky chases after Asuka or that Rollins defects to Tuesday nights to clash with Daniel Bryan over the WWE Championship. And of course, who says the current title holders will keep their gold headed into the biggest show of the year (alright, the RAW champs are 99.9% holding their titles, but hey, you never know!)?

Its a promising start to the Road to Mania with a lot of potential avenues for the 'E to head down as we forge ahead in the most exciting time of the year! But what sayeth you guys? How would you like Rollins and Lynch's paths to play out? Any preferences on opponents or results? Talk about it down below!

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Spidey liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rollins should go v Bryan. Smackdown needs that big face outside of Styles and Ali (lol). Plus it'll be a match I want to see.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Plenty could be done with a pompous environmentalist and the guy who wants to burn things down. Should go hand in hand.

And Balor vs Brock surprised me. I know I'm a broken record here, but man would I prefer Demon Balor vs. Brock with Brock being this fantasy killer similar to how he went up against Taker compared to Seth or Finn regurgitating Roman's lines from last year.

I'm glad they didn't surprise us with a crazy outcome in the Women's Rumble. Becky Lynch is money.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    At first I didn't want Rollins to wrestle Bryan, but there's really not anyone else to face Bryan outside of Styles, which has been done enough.

Rollins vs Bryan, Demon Balor vs Lesnar, and Rousey vs Becky (and probably Charlotte) sounds like a great card.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't understand the love for a Becky vs Charlotte vs Becky triple threat match.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    I don't understand the love for a Becky vs Charlotte vs Becky triple threat match.
    I don't either. Rousey vs Becky would be much better, but I doubt WWE would leave Charlotte out of the match.

9. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post
    I'd be perfectly happy with Rollins vs. Bryan. You know it'd be a great match and a fresh top babyface for the blue brand to challenge Bryan works just fine. If the plan is for Lesnar vs. Rollins, I can honestly say I have zero interest if Lesnar is going to keep the title. The novelty has long ceased to stop being entertaining or interesting and Raw needs a regular, solidified main event title scene, which is something it hasn't had for the better 2 years.

As for Becky, just stay the course and give fans a singles match with Ronda Rousey. A lot of people wanted to see it before and they want to see it even more now since it didn't get to happen at Survivor Series due to the injuries Becky suffered via Nia Jax. There's no need for Charlotte to play third wheel in the match, she lost the Royal Rumble, so just put her up against Asuka in a WrestleMania rematch with the story being Charlotte wanting to be the 8 time Women's Champion while Asuka looks to redeem herself on the grandest stage of them all where her 2+ year undefeated streak came to an end. This really doesn't have to be anything resembling complicated and adding Charlotte to the match, for me, takes away from the match itself. Besides, on a personal note, it's not as if Charlotte hasn't had he fair share of glorious moments and it's not going to be the end of the world if another woman has one instead, said moment in this case being the first woman to defeat Ronda Rousey in a WWE ring. Charlotte could hang up her boots tomorrow and she'll have had a WWE HOF worthy career so, frankly, I see no real point in stealing Becky's thunder.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't either. Rousey vs Becky would be much better, but I doubt WWE would leave Charlotte out of the match.
    If it happens it will happen because A) Charlotte is the most marketable member of the Women's division not named Ronda. B) Charlotte rarely fails to deliver a memorable match at big time PPVs. C) Charlotte would be given a thank you spot for all the work she has done at the top of the division for years. D) Becky is not nearly as mainstream as Charlotte. Yeah, Becky is the hottest she has ever been right now, but she isn't generating mainstream appeal like Charlotte and Ronda do. Mania is for the casuals, its about the spectacle and seeing Charlotte's names on the marquee is going to draw more people than just Becky's name.

WWE would be asinine to potentially have women main event Wrestlemania for the first time and not put Charlotte in. It may not make the most sense from a story line perspective, especially after 99% of the stuff said about Charlotte by Becky after she turned heel was true and made Becky more of a sympathetic character, but I wouldn't be upset if she went in.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yaz, you bring up a great argument, I won't lie. However, Charlotte vs Ronda has already happened. Becky vs Ronda has not.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

15. Likes Yaz, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yaz, you bring up a great argument, I won't lie. However, Charlotte vs Ronda has already happened. Becky vs Ronda has not.
    Cena vs Rock main evented at back to back Manias.

17. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information