Thread: Daniel Bryan - "Good chance I'll re-sign" with WWE

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Daniel Bryan - "Good chance I'll re-sign" with WWE

http://www.wrestleview.com/wwe-news/...ract-expiring/

Being a big fan of Bryan, I'm certainly glad he's leaning towards re-signing.

Obviously he has the Miz feud, but then there's Nakamura, Styles, and Joe.

2. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He has officially re-signed. I somehow missed that before I posted this thread.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/07/...-re-signs-wwe/

I never had any real doubt he wouldn't sign because, when you get right down to it, signing a new WWE deal is the best option for him.

Bryan's far too big a star to just go back to working the indies, nor does the indie scene have anything approaching WWE's medical resources.

New Japan, ROH and the indie scene at large are all packed with wrestlers who, in some cases, are more interested in popping the crowd with dangerous spots or unnecessarily stiff shots, neither of which are going to do Bryan any good and are more likely to result in injury. That's not to say that wrestlers don't get hurt in WWE, it's nonsense to suggest that as there'll always be inherent risks in pro wrestling, but there are things that frequently go down there that come off as reckless. For an example, check out the G1 Special that aired on AXS TV last week that saw Cody powerbombed over the top rope onto a table that didn't exactly cushion him and Dragon Lee breaking Hiromu Takahashi's neck earlier in the night. There was some reckless shit going on at that show that, for all WWE's faults, wouldn't have knowingly been allowed to go down in WWE due to the risk to the talent involved.

Bryan get's a generally safer environment in WWE, he'll probably be working only ppvs & TV tapings, while occasionally wrestling some house shows, he'll probably get some creative control and a decent raise. So yeah, he's better off in WWE at this point in his life.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

5. Likes smarkmouth, Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Now Meltzer is claiming he didn't re-sign, but it seems like Meltzer has been a lot more wrong than usual about WWE here lately.

7. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm ecstatic that WWE has resigned Bryan. I just hope that they realize, sooner rather than later, that he's far and away the most over star they have right now and treat him accordingly. I fully expect a real run with the title this go around and hopefully soon. I just found out the man is in his late 30s. Damn, I'd have said 31-32 at the oldest.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information