Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Raw - July 16, 2018

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Monday Night Raw
    Date: July 16, 2018
    Commentators: Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Jonathan Coachman

Now it’s time for a big show with the possibility of Brock Lesnar showing up. With the UFC return looming and Lesnar still as the Universal Champion, there’s a very good chance we’ll find out what he’s going to do next tonight. I could go for having him lose the title on TV but I don’t think WWE would actually do it, even if it would fix a lot of their problems. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

A Breath Of Fresh Brock

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skairipa View Post
    Who's excited for Roman getting his win back on Lashley and fighting Brock yet again in another horrible main event?
    I just hope that if they meet again, it's more like Wrestlemania 31.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Overall, last night was the best Raw of the summer, a solid B-, maybe a B, in my opinion. Most of the goings on for last night's show had a purpose and was bookended by two strong triple threat bouts.

However, WWE looks like they're basically doing the exact thing I was hoping they wouldn't do, which is Reigns vs. Lashley II in a #1 contenders match. They just happened to take a scenic route by putting in a couple of triple threat matches first with the ultimate result being Reigns settling the score with Lashley next week by winning and getting yet another title shot at Brock Lesnar.

Drew McIntyre looked like a fucking star last night, no if's and's or but's about it. While it may have been too soon to just stick him in a main event spot against Lesnar, I honestly have to say that I wouldn't have minded as it would've felt extremely fresh. In my eyes, he's far more interesting than Reigns and while Lashley is starting to show a little bit of that badass aspect of himself, he's not there yet. Still, I'll take Lashley against Lesnar over Reigns as Lesnar vs. Reigns IV just seems like it's already DOA; their last two matches have completely sucked and I think fans are far more disillusioned with Reigns now because of all the additional big moments Vince has manufactured for him since WrestleMania XXXI in his own antiseptic, nonorganic way. As with the other Lesnar vs. Reigns sequels, a fourth one would be going down in front of a hostile crowd and there's no good outcome: many fans simply aren't interested in Roman Reigns as Universal Champion and a lot of fans are tired of Lesnar having the title, the infrequent title reigns and the lack of quality singles bouts as champion.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes jmt225, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information