Thread: Hiya Randy, Nice To See You Again,

Hiya Randy, Nice To See You Again,

As we saw on last night's episode of SmackDown Live, Randy Orton made his return for what felt like the first time in years. Sure, Orton has been on WWE television but not this Randy Orton; this was the motivated Randy Orton, the scheming, slithering sociopath that was genuinely one of the top guys in all of wrestling for the better part of a decade. We saw a glimpse of him at Extreme Rules during an attack on Jeff Hardy but last night, Orton was in fully fledged Viper mode for the first time in a really, really long time. He looked and seemed motivated instead of just someone coasting and going through the motions, someone I'd like to see in a title feud with a top babyface. Hell, someone who would be worth seeing in a title feud with a top babyface. Everything from feverishly whispering something along the lines of "you wanna know why I'm doing this?" to pulling on Jeff Hardy's stretched out earlobes to just flat out beating the crap out of him felt like seeing a long lost old friend that I hope sticks around for a good long while because when Orton is like this, he's one of the best.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'll never understand why the WWE can't understand there are just certain guys who cannot play both good and bad and Orton is one of those guys. Orton is a bad guy. End of story. Every time Orton tries to play the face, it flops.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I'll never understand why the WWE can't understand there are just certain guys who cannot play both good and bad and Orton is one of those guys. Orton is a bad guy. End of story. Every time Orton tries to play the face, it flops.
    It's the same old cycle though. Ortons red hot as a heel, then there's tension with Evolution,Legacy,The Authority, fans start to cheer him then boom he falls flat again.

I will say though, I'd rather a heel Orton than a face Orton. This last year has been horrid. What's he done since he lost the title to Jinder? It's funny that they'd allow a veteran to float around like tht considering he was a top 3 guy for a long time. Randy Orton is wrestling royalty but he doesn't get treat like it. It could be his attitude but I imagine he's mellowed in his older age. Maybe he just likes the lighter schedule.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Randy Orton is a lot like Brock Lesnar...the less you see him, the more impactful he is. He's never been good at cutting long promos, which is how the wrestling world today moves storylines. He's an absolute pro in the ring, but has always been better at playing offense than selling.

Randy Orton is a heel character and needs to remain a heel, even if he gets cheered.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Orton is an interesting wrestler. He's one of the biggest stars on Smackdown, and yet so many times he feels like just another mid-carder. I can't think of another wrestler on Orton's level that I ever felt this way about.

Hopefully (and probably), the heel turn will fix that problem. It definitely has so far. Orton has been more interesting over the last week since, unsurprisingly, the last time he was heel and a member of the Wyatt Family.

8. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd rather no Orton. Give him half a decade off and bring him back on a Lesnar or less schedule.

He's done it all. There's nothing left to see.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information