Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The What Has Trump Done Now Thread

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    My favorite part of any discussion about the founders is how people just automatically assume because they were in our past, they were naturally conservative (and devoutly Christian) men.

Which, of course, is absolute hogwash to anyone who has spent ten minutes thinking or researching it, but it's still fun nonetheless.
    Yeah, its not like the guiding principles of American Independence sprouted from perhaps the most irreligious period in European history since the completion of the Christian conversion...

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    My favorite argument is "Well when people first came to America they came because they were seeking religious freedom because England wouldn't let them worship God how they wanted." While not entirely untrue, it simplifies the rather complex reasoning for traveling across the ocean to a new land.
    The folks on the Mayflower sailed to the New World so that they could have it that their Puritanism would be the only faith. They were 'persecuted' in England for wanting to persecute. And let's not forget that the Mayflower was hardly the founding of America, coming over 120 years after the discovery of North America by Cabot, over 30 years after the naming of 'Virginia' and a generation after the founding of Jamestown.
    Last edited by Барбоса; 02-20-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In today's edition of Trump tweets stupid stuff, he rebutts a sexual assault claim, not because it's awful behaviour he would never do, but because 'Who would do this in a public space with live security cameras running'.

Seriously

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    "Today was the day Donald trump finally became president"

https://twitter.com/meganamram/statu...17811125751809

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Was this due to his latest batch of promises of things he'll do? I couldn't get the news because the big wall blocked my signal while I was on part of the trillion dollar infrastructure funded roads on my way to find out about the newly set up Obamacare replacement.

Thread Information