Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The What Has Trump Done Now Thread

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The What Has Trump Done Now Thread

I have a feeling this might get some regular traffic. You know he's going to do and/or say something stupid on a pretty much daily basis and some of them can be used for either a laugh or a cry, considering how stupid he's feeling that day.

This time around: he's saying the Florida shooting might not have happened if the FBI had been investigating the shooter instead of working on the Russia probe.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...h-time-n849121

I can accept the idea that the FBI screwed up here and could have been more diligent, but if Trump had stopped there, everything would have been fine. But no, as usual, he has to turn this into something about himself, even if it's a mass shooting. The worst part for me isn't that the President of the United States is using a moment like this to talk about himself and bash his political adversaries, but that this is now considered perfectly normal behavior on his part.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can't even say I'm surprised, but his base believes this too. Kind of sickens me.

I was chatting with a buddy of mine in the military over the weekend and he said a lot of the guys he works with, himself included, are just disgusted with it. Like the FBI is only like five guys and all five are busy making up this Russia stuff.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't know how much you can really blame the FBI on this one. What were they supposed to do, detain a minor that hadn't committed any crimes because he was likely a psychopath? I'm not sure there's a protocol for taking a minor that's suspected of being capable of committing a heinous crime into the custody of law enforcement.

I blame the school more than law enforcement on this one. The kid came to school with bullets in his backpack, had talked about doing this type of thing, and he was still allowed to come to school every day unchecked.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I genuinely do not understand how you see 17 children have died, and your responses are 'It's Obama's fault' (Yep, seriously) and 'How can I make this about me?' Adding this to my long list of reasons Trump is a despicable piece of shit. He did send his thoughts and prayers though, so, clearly, all is well

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Trump's responses to this school shooting just show he is only concerned about himself. For him to try and link an agency of 35,000 people with the idea the Russia probe kept the FBI from investigating one of 300+ million Americans shows a level of self-centeredness beyond what we should tolerate from a President.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    At this point we have to be close to collecting enough thoughts and prayers to solve the gun issue right?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    At this point we have to be close to collecting enough thoughts and prayers to solve the gun issue right?
    It's too soon after the shooting to start having that talk, isn't it?

Which is convenient for those people, since we have a mass shooting often enough that it is always too soon?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    It's too soon after the shooting to start having that talk, isn't it?

Which is convenient for those people, since we have a mass shooting often enough that it is always too soon?
    I actually said this in jest the other night when someone pulled the "It is too soon to politicize this tragedy" card. Well by the time it is okay to politicize it, another shooting has already happened so I guess your side wins.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The students from the school are politicizing it, are the rest of us not allowed to join in?

I'd love to see one of the figures on the right tell them it's too soon to politicize it, Tomi Lahren seems like a good candidate.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The fact that the students have been stepping up and calling out the BS of the situation has been amazing and I applaud them for it. The problem is nothing is going to change right now and even if the November elections flip the House and Senate, it's not going to change with him still in office. I just hope we don't have to endure more shootings until the time change finally happens, but given this is the 18th school (not mass school) shooting for just this year alone, it's a long way to go.

Thread Information