Thread: AJ Styles's challenger at SummerSlam

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

AJ Styles's challenger at SummerSlam

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhal...es-summerslam/

According to rumors, Samoa Joe is the favorite to challenge AJ Styles for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam.

This would certainly work. It should be a great match, and no one else is ready at the moment.

As of right now, I think Joe is probably the best candidate. Joe's a great, intense heel that's believable as a badass and has a built in history with Styles so the chemistry is already there.

Andrade Cien Almas looked great against Styles but it's too soon for him. A match between them where they were given 25 minutes and really let go could be amazing but, as I said, it's too soon.

SAnitY is still in the process of establishing itself and it's more focused as a tag team unit/stable at the moment.

Randy Orton looks to be back to his sociopathic self and is back in the United States Championship picture.

John Cena returning out of the blue and feuding with Styles as part of an ongoing storyline to "find himself" again after being squashed by the Undertaker could be interesting, especially if it led to a Cena heel turn.

If Taker could go, a title bout with Styles would be epic but outside of tag team matches, Taker just can't go in anything beyond a few minutes, at least I don't think so.

The Miz would be a fun opponent but it's all but guaranteed that he's feuding with Daniel Bryan, as he should be. I wouldn't mind seeing Miz win the title and then embark on a feud with Bryan but that doesn't look to be in the cards right now.

If Drew McIntyre was on the blue brand, he'd be a great opponent for Styles. I suppose it's always possible a swerve could be thrown and McIntyre pops up on SD Live Tuesday but that's almost certainly not gonna happen.

So yeah, Samoa Joe is probably the only real choice at this point in time. When I think of all the potential talent on Raw that's, in some ways, been wasted as they've waited around for a Universal Championship match or some sort of meaningful goings on in the main event scene, it just strikes me as a shame as some really quality feuds could've been lined up for Styles as WWE Champion.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah, Joe seems the most logical option as well. The two have history together, dating back to TNA.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Joe doesn't win much so I'm not sure if that makes him qualified. It's also what a lot of us want and we all know how those things usually go in WWE.

"You want to see this? We'll show you why you are wrong!"

But yeah, sure, why not. A few months ago I wanted Styles vs. Joe vs. Nakamura vs. Bryan. Now I just want the title off Styles.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is a great example of the problem with WWE writing. The ONLY way they could think of to match these two up is for Paige to just announce that Samoa Joe is AJ Styles challenger at Summerslam.

With these two history, you couldn't have wrote an actual storyline? When Joe first got to Smackdown, he should have made it clear his mission was to take AJ's Title, and from that point on he would do everything he could to EARN a Title match while cutting scathing promos about AJ Styles before every match. He would keep getting the short end of the stick until finally, he wins a #1 contendership match at Extreme Rules to get a shot for the belt at Summerslam, the second biggest event of the year.

It's so simple, yet WWE is just so lazy with their writing. It's pathetic.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    This is a great example of the problem with WWE writing. The ONLY way they could think of to match these two up is for Paige to just announce that Samoa Joe is AJ Styles challenger at Summerslam.

With these two history, you couldn't have wrote an actual storyline? When Joe first got to Smackdown, he should have made it clear his mission was to take AJ's Title, and from that point on he would do everything he could to EARN a Title match while cutting scathing promos about AJ Styles before every match. He would keep getting the short end of the stick until finally, he wins a #1 contendership match at Extreme Rules to get a shot for the belt at Summerslam, the second biggest event of the year.

It's so simple, yet WWE is just so lazy with their writing. It's pathetic.
    Why do something that's engaging when you can suffice with doing average?

Thread Information