Thread: Stephanie McMahon's historic announcement

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stephanie McMahon's historic announcement

According to WWE's twitter account, Stephanie is going to make a "historic announcement" on Monday Night Raw.

I won't exactly be proud to see Stephanie, but this is interesting. I immediately thought she was talking about Brock Lesnar or Kurt Angle, but some people have said she could announce an all-women's show or introduce the women's tag titles.

What do you think Stephanie's announcement will be?

I don't think it'll be anything remotely groundbreaking or anything along those lines. If it's about an all women's event for the main roster, then that's cool but it's hard to really get hugely excited over this or call it historic when the Mae Young Classic already went down as the first, at least to my knowledge, all female WWE affiliated event, or series of events I guess you could say as it was a tournament. Of course, WWE won't look at it that way because this will be for the man roster and thus, completely different because Vince lives and dies by technicalities.

If it's for a women's tag team championship, then all we'll have are are four championship belts, two for Raw and two for SmackDown, that exist entirely just so a few people can carry around championship belts and be called champions. If the women's roster in WWE was all one big roster with one singles championship, then at least there'd be numbers to potentially give reason for another women's title to exist.

I just sort of wish WWE would get off this whole I am woman, hear me roar kick already and stop jerking themselves off whenever they do anything revolving around women. I'm glad to see, very glad to see, that women's wrestling has changed in WWE and actually matters but not everything regarding women doesn't have to be his groundbreaking piece of history or whatever.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whatever it is, whether it's about women doing such a good job guys have to try and reason out how their exposure is a bad thing, or something about the dead main event, I'm sure fans here will be absolutely disappointed. She played into our cynical, greasy hands when the word "historic" got used. It won't exceed expectations on the forums because fans here have the highest expectations due to some strange entitlement.

If it's an all-women's show, fucking awesome. I'm hoping this is what it is based mostly on the women being the better part of the show for the last three years. I'd love to see what they do on their own and not in some tournament thrown on the WWE Network. Give them an hour with a few writers and I'm sure they could have a fun, must-see program.

It it's a women's tag team championship, great. I don't think anybody here can say with a straight face "but what about story?" when the two most important titles barely had any after Wrestlemania. Admittedly, I believe the less belts on a show the better, but I'm not going to be completely beside myself if this was introduced. Maybe this could play into the weirdness that is Sasha Banks + Bayley.

Odds are, its more titles. Better than Steph just coming in to fire Kurt, right?

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Can you imagine how awful an all women's main roster event would be?

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ^ not enough wrestlers to fill an all women's event. Maybe, if they get lita, trish and some other former women to participate. But even that is a huge stretch.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It'd just highlight how poorly they've handled their good female talent and how little interest there is in the rest of them.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information