Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: RAW 7/23: The most underwhelming announcement ever.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Also hilarious that Rollins getting another match is supposed to be a huge deal.
    When did they stop reaching for "the crowd goes wild" and settling on "the crowd is alright with this"?

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm laughing.

I almost went to this stupid show!

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Roman/Lesnar is full of meh at this point.

Lashley/Lesnar is so full of hoss match goodness.

They HAVE to know this.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sure

Vince McMahon HAS to know that he's already set his SummerSlam main event up for failure. We've seen two lousy Lesnar vs. Reigns matches this year already and the third will ultimately be more of the same: German suplexes, Superman Punches, Spears & F5s, that's essentially the match right there, all that has to be worked out is in which order they come in and the number of times each kicks out of the other's finisher. I want so badly for Vince McMahon to step down sometimes that it's downright sickening, but I can't help it when he just flat out continuously keeps reminding fans night after night that their opinions truly and genuinely do not mean shit to him.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Monday Night Raw
    Date: July 23, 2018
    Commentators: Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Jonathan Coachman

It’s a big night around here and you know that because the official preview for the show is a big picture of Stephanie McMahon. She has some kind of a major announcement tonight and since she’s Stephanie, that’s put above the #1 contenders match and tonight’s title match. That’s the level of priorities around here so let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

That's Not How Evolution Works

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Also, as it just popped into my head, there's just way, way, way too much filler on Monday Night Raw. If they devoted a lot of the additional time they waste on skits and pointless stuff like Ember Moon beating Liv Morgan for the 742nd time, Raw could be a great show most weeks. For instance, they managed to kill over 20 minutes with the video presentation of Reigns vs. Lashley and the stuff with Elias and Kurt Angle out there again. I mean...if you're going for a huge match feel, sometimes it really helps to...well get to the match, tell the wrestlers to go all out and really deliver. Sometimes, there's no need for all the pomp and sports entertainment hype and this match was a good example of it. Why not give Reigns and Lashley a hard hitting 40 minute or so hoss fight? Why not actually try to give these matches touted as epics time that's needed to really be able to pull off an epic feel? There's so much potential for Raw to be consistently better than what it is that it's not funny
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Also, as it just popped into my head, there's just way, way, way too much filler on Monday Night Raw. If they devoted a lot of the additional time they waste on skits and pointless stuff like Ember Moon beating Liv Morgan for the 742nd time, Raw could be a great show most weeks. For instance, they managed to kill over 20 minutes with the video presentation of Reigns vs. Lashley and the stuff with Elias and Kurt Angle out there again. I mean...if you're going for a huge match feel, sometimes it really helps to...well get to the match, tell the wrestlers to go all out and really deliver. Sometimes, there's no need for all the pomp and sports entertainment hype and this match was a good example of it. Why not give Reigns and Lashley a hard hitting 40 minute or so hoss fight? Why not actually try to give these matches touted as epics time that's needed to really be able to pull off an epic feel? There's so much potential for Raw to be consistently better than what it is that it's not funny
    That's the problem with a 3 hour show. There's only so much you can do, so you have to fill the time somehow.

14. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Prospect of Lashley Vs Lesnar peaked my interest. Too former MMA fighters, both returning to the E. At the time Lashley left to chase the dream Lesnar was dominating. Lesnar stole Lashleys MMA dream so Lashley wants revenge. It's a bit vague but in the wrestling world it could work.

Instead we're having Roman Vs Lesnar IV and it's gonna be shat all over. I'd assume Strowman cashes in unless they want boos closing the biggest party of the summer.

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just don't understand WWE anymore. I remember watching the SCSA documentaries and the Rock documentaries and remember specifically hearing the likes of J.R. and Vince and other agents saying stuff like, "The fans chose them and the fans are always right. We just gave the fans what they wanted". Well what the fuck are you doing now? Nobody wants Reigns, at least not as he currently is.

I just don't get WWE anymore.

18. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information