Thread: WWE Evolution General Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WWE Evolution General Discussion

This will be the first ever all-women's PPV. It could be a great show. WWE has a lot of talented women, and even though a lot of them have been misused, this could be good.

What are some matches you would like to see happen or think will happen?

2. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    I'm already getting sick of hearing about it. I mean...are they going to find a way to sneak mentioning Evolution into nearly every segment between now and October? If so, I'll be burned out on the thing long before it even happens and will be looking forward to it just to see it end.

But, with that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Trish Stratus and Lita make a return. For me, I've no interest in women who can't wrestle making a return as it's a reminder of the bad old days. Of course, that's obviously not going to happen as I'm sure there'll be oodles and oodles of women from WWE's dark past appearing on the show, I just hope they don't appear in wrestling roles.

I also believe that both women's champs should be women capable of delivering strong in-ring work and that's just not the case with Carmella and Alexa Bliss. Ironically, Alexa is much, much better in the ring than what we've seen on the main roster and while she's loaded with personality as well, it's an example of WWE's unusual decision making processes. If the girl's got the goods in the ring along with a charismatic personality, why not just let her show it and be that much stronger of a performer? Unless a miracle happens, Alexa will be dropping the Raw Women's Championship to Ronda Rousey at SummerSlam and...then I don't really know what happens to the title because nobody on Raw has the built up credibility to "believably" take on Rousey.

As for a few matches I'd like to see, I'd like to see Charlotte vs. Asuka in a match that gets more time and hopefully sees Asuka get a win back to sort of even things up. I'm also thinking wondering if WWE has decided to save Bayley vs. Sasha Banks for Evolution instead of SummerSlam; the girls seem to have made up as of late, though I was expecting one of them to suddenly start beating the other one's ass last night but it didn't happen. If the right women are picked and put into the right matches, then this has the potential of being the best main roster ppv of the year.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Stephanie McMahon will be all over this, which turns me off.

Also, will this be booked by the main roster guys? Because they can't write for blokes let alone women.

And they need to rebuild Asuka, Becky, Bayley, Banks and to a lesser extent Charlotte up a lot in the next few months. Sounds like an impossible job to me.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information