Thread: WWE Star In Line For Big Push?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WWE Star In Line For Big Push?

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/wwe...vince-mcmahon/

According to PWInsider, recent NXT call-up Andrade Almas has impressed Vince McMahon. Vince is a fan of his look and sees him as potentially the next big Latino star, something WWE has been looking for since Rey Mysterio left the company.

I have to agree with Vince. I haven't seen much of Almas in NXT, but he's definitely been impressive the last couple of weeks and has a lot of potential. That's nice to hear, especially after so many NXT stars get lost in the shuffle.

How impressive has Almas been on the main roster? How big of a star will he be in WWE?

2. Likes Jack-Hammer, Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He's not been impressive so far. He's just been there. Well, he's been there on and off since his debut.

Keep him with Vega and he should get a nice little run. But I don't think main roster booking is going to make him a stand out Latin star in that promotion.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    He's not been impressive so far. He's just been there. Well, he's been there on and off since his debut.

Keep him with Vega and he should get a nice little run. But I don't think main roster booking is going to make him a stand out Latin star in that promotion.
    Have you seen his matches with Styles and Rusev?

Almas has had a couple of impressive showings against AJ Styles and Rusev. He was outstanding in NXT once he was paired with Zelina Vega, who can hype Almas and to the talking for him in a way similar to we've seen Paul Heyman do for Brock Lesnar. The surface hasn't really even been scratched as to what Almas can do since he's been on the main roster and I very much hope that changes. In my opinion, if Vince is looking for a star to draw in the Hispanic fans, Almas paired with Vega could be just what he wants.

As of right now, Almas can coast by continuing to put on strong performances, at least for a while, but if he isn't truly established by the end of the year, I fear he'll wind up getting lost in the shuffle for WrestleMania season. The post WM season is a good time for new and emerging faces to make an impact on the main roster but once January hits and the Royal Rumble comes and goes, it really becomes about mainstay talent who've gotten a strong foothold.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Have you seen his matches with Styles and Rusev?
    He's not at fault but he's been on the main roster for nearly 3 months and two decent matches aren't enough to impress me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think he's pretty good. Vega is a big reason why, they work together and mesh well.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information