Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rock leaning towards wrestling at WrestleMania 35?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Rock leaning towards wrestling at WrestleMania 35?

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/07/...tch-next-year/

According to Ticket Drew, who is a lesser known but apparently pretty reliable source.

I'm kinda torn on this. Rock is still a big draw and deserves an actual retirement. How strange would it be if his last match was actually against Erick Rowan? However I'm not sure he can still go. He looked fine against Cena, but that was 5 years ago. He also got injured during that match and delayed filming for one of his movies.

Would you like to see The Rock wrestle one more match? If so, who should be his opponent?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I would but it'd be against Triple H. We've seen how well HHH has done at Mania when his intention is to get somebody over to the best of his ability, but he usually stumbles when he tries to have have an epic match. That's exactly what I think would happen if he faced The Rock. I just don't see anybody else getting the match.

Except Reigns. So let's not get too excited.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Can't say I give a damn. I have no interest in Rock vs. Triple H or Roman Reigns or Bobby Lashley or Brock Lesnar or any of the other corporate picks that wound wind up getting the match. On the slimmest of chances that such a match would feature him against someone like Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Drew McIntyre, Finn Balor or one of the other workhorses of the company, I also wouldn't especially feel like seeing them be made to look like chumps who should be carrying Dwayne's bags rather than be in a match against him, which is most likely what would wind up happening.

Dwayne, you're the biggest movie star in the world right now so just fuck off already.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Rock is fun. I like having fun. Remember when wrestling was fun?

Anyways yeah I don't like the idea of Rock's last match being a six-second squash on Rowan in what was really a segment. And I'd take Roman Reigns facing him if it means not having him headline the fifth Wrestlemania in a row. Seems to be a more feasible plot between them than there'd be against Triple H anyways.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    The Rock is fun. I like having fun. Remember when wrestling was fun?
    That must have been before the invention of the Internet...

9. Likes Spidey liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't know why. But I want Rock Vs. Roman Reigns. Especially the promo battle before the match at Wrestlemania. 6 weeks of build. Multiple promo battles.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    I don't know why. But I want Rock Vs. Roman Reigns. Especially the promo battle before the match at Wrestlemania. 6 weeks of build. Multiple promo battles.
    Oof, that won't do Reigns any favours. Cena could almost keep up with The Rock on the mic, and we all know how Cena treated Reigns in their promo battles. Roman would get obliterated, so long as the People's Cousin doesn't hold back.

In short, I'm all in for this.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rock doesn't hold back much on insults. Roman's disgusted face is pure magic. It fits like a glove.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Oof, that won't do Reigns any favours. Cena could almost keep up with The Rock on the mic, and we all know how Cena treated Reigns in their promo battles. Roman would get obliterated, so long as the People's Cousin doesn't hold back.

In short, I'm all in for this.
    I just wanna see if he takes it as a challenge and steps up.

17. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The idea of The Rock and Reigns feuding for 6 weeks only to have The Rock raise Romans hand on stage as the fireworks goes off makes me sick.

If anything it'll be The Rock vs Lesnar. No way Vince leaves that kind of money on the table if he can get The Rock back, especially if Lesnar wins the UFC Heavyweight Title. Biggest movie star in the world Vs the UFC champion in New York at 'Mania 35. Money.

19. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information