Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Jarrett to the WWE Hall of Fame

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Slap Nuts was a classic catchphrase. Couple that with Don't piss me off and you had a winner.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    "He broke 6,000 guitars and didn't draw a single dime." - Mike Graham.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My girlfriend has this theory that Vince McMahon has always hated Jeff Jarrett. He got given some pretty fucking awful gimmicks over the year - Double J, when he used to come in on a horse, the woman beating. The lengths to which Vince went to bury him on the simulcast of Raw and Nitro was obvious to see. But I think this is probably a foreshadowing of WWE doing some sort of deal for TNA video library, and getting Jarrett onside is probably a big part of that play. I don't know, he was a decent mid card guy, but only really hit the heights in second rate promotions.

With all of that in mind, I think he's going in as a promoter. Whatever you think of TNA, it remains the only promotion that has ever started from scratch and achieved national television ratings that are a noteworthy percentage of Raw. ECW didn't manage that, ROH still hasn't and all the promotions of the 80s never came close. WCW used an existing infrastructure and the investment of a billionaire to achieve what it did, but TNA came from nowhere to make it to number two. For that, Jarrett is probably worthy of a wrestling hall of fame.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMorales787 View Post
    I think the weirdest part about all this is that it's coming right after Jarrett goes into rehab. You'd think you'd wait a bit more than 3 months to jump on that. But I guess WWE just wanted to rub one over the bleeding body of TNA.
    that is the most surprising aspect of this. He hasn't proven himself clean and they're giving him the HOF rub. That being said he's the undercard for this years HOF, so it's not like they're really marketing the HOF ceremony towards him. They waited on Angle because he's the guy they built the HOF class around.

With regards to Vince McMahon mending fences with another talent who burned a bridge, I was surprised that it happened, if only because Jeff Jarrett doesn't draw money. All the other big fences he mended involved guys who drew money and were top guys for the company. In addition, he was able to use the mended fences to make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by ABMorales787 View Post
    Another pretty egregious point is how it's another character in the same year that has a big highlight attached to Chyna getting inducted while she gets the shaft again.
    The joke you ended with (I don't know if you were going for the joke or not but it's there and is awesome, props to you) is the reason. Not saying I agree with it, and she definitely deserves to go in eventually, but it's the reason and it's not unfair. She'll get in eventually (hell this years class isn't over yet). While it's sad to say it this way, now that she's passed there's no hurry to induct her as she can't accept it.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Any other ex-WCW talents left to get inducted? When I first read Double-J was getting inducted, I was shocked. I thought Vince didn't care about him.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Glad to see people openly pointing out that the highlight of his extensive career was Chyna kicking the puss out of him.

People have already noted that the shocking thing isn't the mending of the bridge but that Vince saw it as a bridge worth mending.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
    Glad to see people openly pointing out that the highlight of his extensive career was Chyna kicking the puss out of him.

People have already noted that the shocking thing isn't the mending of the bridge but that Vince saw it as a bridge worth mending.
    I see it more as Vince saying Jeff needs him to be relevant rather than Vince needing anything.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I still think this is largely so they can make inroads into the TNA library and since they paid for his rehab, it is a feel good story. They put Hall in and there is a 100% chance that guy will never get clean.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I really need to see what's Jeff Jarrett's best is. Can someone suggest his best matches or promos?

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    I really need to see what's Jeff Jarrett's best is. Can someone suggest his best matches or promos?
    Watching Chyna kick his ass was always fun.

Thread Information