Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Jarrett to the WWE Hall of Fame

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rather surprised by this. I genuinely never thought he would enter the WWE Hall Of Fame. It's not like less deserving people haven't already gone in. I hope it doesn't lead to him working matches.... Worst case scenario if it does, maybe he can put over Elias or something.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    I really need to see what's Jeff Jarrett's best is. Can someone suggest his best matches or promos?
    His good housekeeping match with Chyna at No Mercy 1999, while sprouting from a storyline that would never fly today, is probably the best match of his that I've seen, and I honestly don't mean that as a slight.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    His IC title match with HBK at IYH II is good stuff.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've always found Jeff Jarrett to be particularly off-putting. While I recognize that's a fairly popular sentiment, there's no denying that Jeff Jarrett is a survivor in the wrestling business. Whenever he came close to the end of his longevity, he found a way to extend it. That alone merits recognition.

That being said, I hope Jeff adopts Jason Jordan.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    JJ was one of those solid hands who should have never reached the top of the mountain in a big promotion, but still managed to. Granted it took a dying WCW and founding his own promotion to get there, but yeah, the guy just found ways to survive. Calling his finisher The Stroke in the days of WCW political turmoil will always be cool though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    JJ was one of those solid hands who should have never reached the top of the mountain in a big promotion, but still managed to. Granted it took a dying WCW and founding his own promotion to get there, but yeah, the guy just found ways to survive. Calling his finisher The Stroke in the days of WCW political turmoil will always be cool though.
    Yeah, he was a middle of the road, dislikable heel that people would like to see beaten that a company could turn to when it needed a start/reset.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I actually got to meet Jarrett at a GFW show, and for all the shit he gets, he genuinely talked to each and every fan that came up to talk to him even if they didn't purchase a signed photo or anything, which is a lot more than I can say for some other guys I've seen at small shows. He's never been a favorite of mine by any means, but that moment stuck out to me that even at a small county fair show, he took the time to talk to people that wanted to talk to him.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by noahconstrictor View Post
    I actually got to meet Jarrett at a GFW show, and for all the shit he gets, he genuinely talked to each and every fan that came up to talk to him even if they didn't purchase a signed photo or anything, which is a lot more than I can say for some other guys I've seen at small shows. He's never been a favorite of mine by any means, but that moment stuck out to me that even at a small county fair show, he took the time to talk to people that wanted to talk to him.
    I met him at WrestleCon last year. He was on his way to do a podcast so it was a very quick handshake and hello. He looked me right in the eye and I mentioned I was from Lexington, Kentucky, which was a big town for him in the USWA days. He smiled and said there you go before walking on. Very quick, but he came off as someone who actually cared. That's a nice feeling.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    I met him at WrestleCon last year. He was on his way to do a podcast so it was a very quick handshake and hello. He looked me right in the eye and I mentioned I was from Lexington, Kentucky, which was a big town for him in the USWA days. He smiled and said there you go before walking on. Very quick, but he came off as someone who actually cared. That's a nice feeling.
    Exactly. For all the dumb carnie shit that he's pulled, at the end of the day, he always has seemed to genuinely care about his fans and putting on a good wrestling match, which I can't get mad at.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hated Double J in the WWF, just cringed at his lame style of wrestling like he was holding back half of his moves. God help us when he jumped off of the top ropes, he looked scared to make contact with anyone. Once he honed his skill more in TNA then he became more watchable IMO.

Thread Information