Thread: WWE Interested In Another New Japan Star?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WWE Interested In Another New Japan Star?

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/07/...ew-japan-star/

According to Dave Meltzer, WWE is interested in signing Juice Robinson.

Juice was originally signed to WWE from 2011-2015 and competed in FCW and NXT under the ring name CJ Parker. He was mostly a jobber before getting released. Since then, he's had success in New Japan, and now WWE reportedly wants to bring him back.

This has nothing to do with Juice, but I don't want this to happen at all. WWE already has too much talent and barely has any idea what to do with it. WWE doesn't actually have anything resembling a plan for most wrestlers they sign and only want to keep them away from other companies. I'm sure Juice would do just fine in NXT, but good luck after getting called up.

Would you like to see WWE sign Juice, or should they just focus on the wrestlers they already have?

2. Likes Jack-Hammer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Robinson is alright, but I think he's another example of someone that's gotten extremely overrated among internet fans because he's gone to New Japan, has cut a few edgy promos and because New Japan is the current "cool" wrestling promotion. I think he's just one of those guys who sometimes slips through the cracks in a big place, goes to another big place, though not nearly as big, and manages to make a go of it. Triple H must not have seen anything special in him and saw other talent in NXT that he thought was better so yeah, Trips sorta dropped the ball on that but when it's all said and done, Robinson isn't a game changer or anything. Hell, WWE doesn't really seem to need a game changer given that they keep posting record revenues each quarter, the second quarterly report came out this morning and they did a total of $286.1 million in revenue so couple that with the $187.7 million they did in the first quarter and you've got $473.8 million in total revenue already. Quarter 2, if I'm not mistaken, includes WrestleMania so WWE continues to bring in strong numbers, they'll break $900 million in revenue this year. As much as I hate to say it, with WWE pulling in this sort of money and continuously breaking its own revenue records, it's little wonder Vince triples down on his positions and it makes it a lot harder to argue against him as it's the fans spending all this money.

Anyhow, as for Robinson, I don't see any real point in him coming back. Going back to NXT as a conquering hero just seems like a bit of a step down for the guy as he's the current IWGP United States Champion, which makes it seem kind of weird that he's currently dead last in the G1 Climax tournament as he hasn't won a single match yet. When you factor in both main and NXT rosters, though not counting NXT UK, there are around 100 male wrestlers currently signed to WWE and you could really fill two good sized promotions with all that. Maybe I'm just not the cutthroat businessman Vince is, I just don't see the point of signing so much top talent only to keep them away from others. Shit, it's not as if them working for ROH, New Japan, Impact or whomever is going to do anything to make those companies a threat to WWE. Just look at the numbers WWE keeps putting up; we're only halfway through the year and WWE's already pulled in fairly close to a half billion in revenue. All those companies and every other company in operation combined can't come close to touching that.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Juice Robinson is excellent and far from overrated imo.

It wasn't until this year when I really indulged myself into NJPW, whereas before I'd only check out the matches getting such high praise on the internet.

Going in, I had Jack-Hammer's mindset that Juice must be overrated and only getting love because he's in Japan. The only thing I really remember from his NXT run was him breaking Kevin Owens nose during Owens debut match. Besides that, Juice could have been No Way Jose and I would have never been able to tell the difference.

However, since getting into the habit of watching every new show NJPW puts out, and catching up on a lot of stuff from the past couple of years.... Juice Robinson is definitely legit. Watch his match against Jay White from a month ago; he's a superb fighting babyface in that and sells/uses his broken hand to perfection. Watch his recent G1 matches against Naito and Omega... it's amazing stuff, man. I promise you.

Also, I've heard from a podcast it was a majority opinion backstage in NXT that Juice had the best promos in the entire company. For some reason or another, he just wasn't given a real shot to be pull it off on camera.

If Juice returns to NXT, I guarantee he shines and receives a major title run. He will earn your respect, Jack-Hammer.

However, I do agree with the notion that WWE's roster is too loaded as it is and that he would have a tough time finding his place on the main roster. But that goes for EVERYONE in NXT right now and in the future. It's a depressing thing to think about lol.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just a couple days ago, Meltzer said Juice was on the same level of in ring talent as Roman. That is a major stretch, but Juice grew a good bit in Japan so naturally WWE wants him back. I'd echo the crowded roster sentiment. I honestly just don't see where he would fit in right now in the landscape of NXT.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He left because the roster was crowded, its probably more stacked now. Cant see it working out for him

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've never heard about this guy until this week. But I read a tweet from him saying "I'm never going back there again" (regarding his time in WWE). I never saw him before but if the WWE has an interest in you, you may be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    I've never heard about this guy until this week. But I read a tweet from him saying "I'm never going back there again" (regarding his time in WWE). I never saw him before but if the WWE has an interest in you, you may be a big deal.
    I read about that earlier today and this probably sounds like some stupid conspiracy theory, but I wonder if the story about WWE being interested in him is legit or if it's some sort of work by Robinson or even New Japan. Not saying that's the case at all or anything, though I think there's always a possibility however small. The primary thing that made me wonder if the story could be a plant is that Robinson has been IWGP United States Champion for 3 weeks now and I've barely read or heard boo about him. However, the last week, there's been all kinds of buzz and discussion about the guy since the rumors started circulating that WWE was interested in bringing him back. During especially big WWE shows, other promotions will run shows in the same town in order to score some fan run off to make themselves some money; for instance, there's a big ROH/New Japan show going down at MSG during WrestleMania weekend on the same night as the TakeOver event, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility of planting a story to create some interest. After all, whenever we read an article title suggesting that so and so is interested in signing a top star, we almost always click to read about it and that especially goes if WWE is involved in any way, shape or form whether it's true or not.

I have a suspicious mind and nature anyway, I don't believe in coincidences and even though I might be totally wrong, it wouldn't surprise me if indeed all the rumors of WWE being interested in getting Robinson back is part of a plan to get a lot of fans talking about him, maybe comparing what he was doing in NXT to what he's been doing in New Japan if they're not familiar with him and hoping that enough are intrigued enough to keep checking him out and, thereby, New Japan itself.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 07-27-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They should have kept him then.

I hope he says no. He's proven he doesn't need them abd can do better elsewhere

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information