Thread: Ronda Rousey's rumored opponents for a potential WrestleMania main event

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ronda Rousey's rumored opponents for a potential WrestleMania main event

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/07/...nia-next-year/

In a recent interview, Ronda Rousey said she wanted to be one of the first women to headline WrestleMania. I could go for that. She's one of WWE's biggest stars and has been very impressive so far.

As of now, two potential opponents have been rumored thus far. Charlotte and..... Stephanie McMahon?!

While they're at it, why don't they have Reigns win the Rumble again to set up his 17th match with Lesnar? This is most likely false, but this is WWE. They've done similar things in the past. Besides Stephanie does have one thing going for her. She hasn't been jobbed out to Carmella. *Sigh*

Will the women ever main event WrestleMania? If so, what should be the match?

2. Likes Slyfox696, Jack-Hammer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Unless we get a big return or retirement next year I think it's all but guaranteed that Rousey vs. Charlotte closes next year's Mania.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Rumors of a Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair dream match closing out WrestleMania next year began shortly floating about just after Rousey debuted and I could easily see it going down. Rousey has done extremely well in the two matches we've seen her work, she knows how to tell a story and she can sell offense like a champ. I mean, she even made Stephanie look good. Rousey is said to be extremely committed to learning all she can and doing her best, which is always admirable and a match against Charlotte Flair would be a money match.

There have been a lot of genuine top female stars among WWE's women's division but I think it's fair to say that the overall "face" has been Charlotte Flair and rightly so. While I think she's infinitely better as a heel, fans are still digging her in the role of a face and she can deliver each time she's called upon to do so. I don't know if such a match would be Charlotte going to Raw or if it'd be a champ vs. champ match, but it has the potential to be a classic if they let them go all out and give them the time needed to make the most of the match.

As far as a match with Stephanie goes, I'd rather they not go down this road. For the first women's match to main event WrestleMania, it should be a spectacle but a spectacle based on ability, in my opinion, rather than a "sports entertainment" spectacle that comes off as more of a long, drawn out angle rather than a match. When it comes to suspension of disbelief, it's far easier for me to "believe" Charlotte Flair, the overall face of the women's division and the woman who's beaten everyone she's faced in WWE at one time or another, is a threat to Ronda Rousey. Stephanie McMahon is a company executive who has her midnight workouts with her hubby at what's his name's gym. I'd be perfectly fine with Charlotte being a heel and having Stephanie in her corner with Stephanie using Charlotte as her avatar, so to speak, so she can gain vengeance on Rousey, that could actually be a lot of fun. Rousey vs. McMahon as sort of a gender reversed Austin vs. McMahon can be a lot of fun but I'm not 18 years old anymore, my tastes have changed to the degree that I don't really like seeing executives beating up wrestlers, getting beaten up by them is fine as it makes more sense since the wrestlers are the "fighters" and it doesn't look good for "fighters" to lose "fights" to people who sit behind desks 364 days out of the year.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've been dying to see Charlotte vs Rousey ever since it was announced that Rousey had signed with WWE. After seeing Rousey's first two matches I want to see it even more. It would be a bonafide classic and IMO rival some of the greatest matches in Mania history.

That's just my opinion though.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Charlotte just on the strength of it making the first child of a past WM headliner to headline a WM.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information