Thread: What would they have said?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What would they have said?

The opinion of the IWC interests me a lot. Are we just contrarian to Vince McMahon? Do we even really know what we want?

Anyway I've got an idea here for what could be a long running thread or a big stinking steaming peak of Cenas lady parts. Let's take a topic, wrestler, scenario, ppv, tag team or whatever from back in the day and ask ourselves, what did the IWC think?

I'll start, The New Age outlaws,1999, they would have seen Road Dogg as the stronger of the two on the mic but Billy Gunn has 'It'. He's tall, big, good looking and is buddied up with Hunter who has a lot of pull. Road Dogg will be solid mic card guy and Billy Gunn will be Main Eventing Wrestlemania in the next 2 years with a look like that.

So we go with something along those lines. Now there may be some people on the forum who will have been on forums during certain periods people bring up so maybe they can offer some insight into people's opinions.

I tried finding old forums posts and newsletters from back in the day and saw at WMX7 people were more interested in Angle Vs Austin than Rock vs Austin, from what I could find.

So contribute away or tell me how stupid this ideas is.

2. Likes EnviousDominous liked this post
    I just came across this article earlier today and it pretty much sums up the entire situation with WWE. https://411mania.com/wrestling/compl...ns-vs-finance/

Are we contrarian to Vince McMahon? In a lot of cases, I think that some of us are. Do we know what we want? Sure and sometimes what we want is genuinely a good idea while other times, we just want what we want because we think it'll be cool whether it makes any real sense or not. I'll have to think on an answer for the overall topic of the thread a little later, I just thought this article put things into perspective and pointed out some things that are truths that we, including myself at times, either forget or tend to ignore about the reality of things. It's a long read but it has a good amount of data and it foremost reminds us internet smarks of something most of us forget or ignore: we're a small minority of WWE's audience and in spite of our protests of some creative decisions and the iron grip Vince has on the balls of creativity within the company, we still give WWE our time and our money.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information