Thread: Wrestling Legend Says He's Done In The Ring

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wrestling Legend Says He's Done In The Ring

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/07/...one-wrestling/

Sting recently said in an interview that he's done with wrestling

“Yeah, I’m really done. I mean my neck doesn’t bother me at all. For the first couple of months after the match, I had an ache that would go down to the left side of my neck and down into my left trap. It was like a dull ache that was just there all the time and it was hard to sleep. I don’t have any side effects, any trouble so all I know is the neurosurgeon said, “You are so lucky there wasn’t a catastrophe that happened.”
    Then later in the interview he said he feels like he could still go but is satisfied with his WWE run.

“I got to be careful and it’s sad too because even at my age I feel like I could still go, I could still have a real good Undertaker match for example. We could tell an incredible story with both the chemics and the mystique of both of them. I’ve had these ideas for 20 years, some of the ideas I have in my head. It would be something that people would talk about for a long time, but I’m satisfied. I’m happy with the way things turned out. I did have my WWE run, it was short, but I had one. I did WrestleMania, I wrestled Seth Rollins, I wrestled for the WWE World Title, so I can’t complain.”
    Sting did have a couple of good matches in WWE, but his run was a little disappointing. He should have never lost to Triple H, and it's a shame it was cut short due to injury. However I guess we should be grateful for what we got since he could have never went at alll.

Would you like to see Sting wrestle one more match? What did you think of his WWE run? Where does he rank all time?
    Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer; 07-30-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not a day goes by where I don't think about Sting vs. Triple H and feel like I've suffered a brain injury.

I enjoyed the Rollins match. I've never been a big Sting fan but I thought he got himself into phenomenal shape for his WWE run. I could've happily seen more.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    I knew Sting would never wrestle in a WWE ring when he got injured during his match with Seth Rollins. When it comes to anything concerning head or neck injuries, WWE is extremely cautious, obsessively so when you get right down to it but that's understandable since they're the only people left to sue.

Sting vs. Triple H was more of a spectacle than anything else. Taker vs. Sting would've drawn more, but it also would've sucked a whole lot more as Taker was still in really rough shape during this time. Taker looks and is said to be much healthier now, but I seriously question whether or not he'd be able to do a competent 10 minute match. I wouldn't mind if it happened just for the sake of it but I'm not torn up if it never does.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sting was well past his time when he was finally in WWE. You could tell he obviously wasn't the same guy 20 years earlier. As for ranking his WWE run? Eh, I did not expect him to produce 5 star matches, but I did expect him to at least get some wins. The Mania match at 31 must've stung (pun intended). There really was no reason why HHH got the win. Anyway, if he retires at least he's on good terms with the WWE.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm surprised they haven't at least done an interraction with Sting and Undertaker. Maybe when Taker gets the hall of fame nod he can cut his promo, lights go out and Sting appears. They have a staredown, shake hands, lights go out and they are both gone. I dont think anyone ever really cared about an actual match between them just the spectacle of seeing them together.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information