Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Pool News & Announcements

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fantasy Pool News & Announcements

News and other updates will be shared in this thread. Please discuss in the General Discussion thread.

Draft News
    As previously stated, the draft will begin this coming Sunday, launching at 12:00 AM EST. At said time, the first participant will have 24 hours to make their pick. Once they have picked, the next player will have 24 hours from that time to make their pick. For your sake and for the sake of expediency, please try and visit SCF at least once a day.

In regards to your Draft Numbers, they will be determined randomly using the Randomizer+ app from Google Play. Your numbers will be announced Friday at approximately 12:00 PM EST.

Major Rule Change: Roster Requirements
    I've realized that there is a potentially game-breaking rule that I'm left with no choice but to revise. Previously, players roster required at least one female superstar from RAW or SmackDown. If several players were to draft three or more female wrestlers, there is the possibility of there being none left for other players.

As a result, the new rule will be that players must have at least one female superstar from RAW or Smackdown in their rosters, but have no more than two total female superstars.

We may temporarily adjust that rule for October, pending the criteria of the WWE Evolution Event.

2. Likes Skairipa liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Draft Order as determined by Randomizer + app

1. Fallout
    2. Dave
    3. Skairipa
    4. #MrScissorsKick
    5. BestSportsEntertainer
    6. Yaz
    7. @smarkmouth
    8. Awesome_Miz
    9. A11
    10. Storm Trooper
    11. OYDK
    12. Milenko
    13. ShinChan
    14. Stone Cold Tea

Remember that draft order will be top to bottom, bottom to top, repeated for five rounds. Fallout and Stone Cold Tea will therefore draft twice on their turns (except Fallout's first round pick and SCT's last round pick)

Screenshot of the app; https://twitter.com/smarkmouth/statu...875306501?s=19

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Points Award to a Loss
    It was briefly debated in the GD that 6 points was too much to award to a loss. The motion went unopposed and ultimately I agree. Wrestlers will now be awarded 4 points for a loss, divided in half in the case of a tag team match. This is down from the original 6 points and is about to be reflected in the rulebook.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Standbys
    The Standbys section of the Draft thread has been updated to include the next three players on standby. In an effort to expedite the draft and accomodate those concerned about missing their turn, Standbys now have the option of PMing me their next few intended draft picks.

In the following example, it is Storm Trooper's turn, and players on standby can PM me the following number of Wrestlers in their preferred order if they choose to do so;

Standby 1 A11, 4th Round, 2 Wrestlers
    Standby 2 Awesome_Miz, 4th Round, 3 Wrestlers
    Standby 3 @smarkmouth, 4th Round, 4 Wrestlers

Keep in mind that this could give me a slight glimpse into your strategy, so I don't entirely advise doing this, especially if you're standby 2 or 3.

Do not PM me with a list if you are standby 4 or up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Trading in Private
    Just because there's a thread for negotiating trades doesn't mean you can only negotiate in there. If you'd rather conspire, do so through PMs or however you choose.

You can also trade between three players, so long as the end language in the "Confirmed Trades" thread (incoming tonight) is clear. ie;

Player A "I trade my X to Player B and receive Y from Player C"
    Player B" I trade my Z to Player C and receive X from Player A"
    Player C "I trade my Y to Player A and receive Z from Player B"

If you really want to conspire, go ahead and PM me the above info within the trade window. If I don't receive messages from all participating traders, the trade falls through. If a participant is confused and I receive conflicting messages, the trade falls through, and it won't be my responsibility to sort it out.

To be reflected in the Rulebook.

8. Likes A11, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Battle Royals, Survivor Series, Minor Roster Updates

Battle Royals were notably absent from the scoring system. This mistake has been corrected with the following awards;
    Battle Royals
    Battle Royal of 10 Stars or Under
    Win: 10 points
    Loss: 4 points

Battle Royal of 11 Stars or Over
    Win: 10 points
    Final Four(Aside from Winner): 8
    Loss: 4

(This season does not include the Royal Rumble. Rest assured there will be a different award system for the Rumble match if the game gets a second season.)

Survivor Series has also received a facelift. Superstars will earn a two point bonus for every elimination that they are responsible for. This includes DQ decisions, such as getting hit with a chair or being the legal superstar when someone gets counted out.

Roster
    Until he is reinstated as General Manager, if it happens at all, Kurt Angle has been moved from RAW to the Specialties section of the roster. Matt Hardy has also been moved into Specialties. Neither star was drafted so this has no immediate effect on anyone's roster requirements.
    Last edited by smarkmouth; 08-28-2018 at 07:35 AM.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mixed Match Challenge, Minor Roster Updates

Mixed Match Challenge
    To the surprise of many of us, WWE announced that the Mixed Match Challenge will be returning for it's second season in two weeks. Matches that take place on the show will be eligible for points! Assuming they stick to the tournament format, the tournament finals will be worth the following points;

Winners: 14 points (7 points each, equivalent to a championship win)
    Runner up: 10 points (5 points each, equivalent to a championship loss)

For those curious, here are this season's announced teams;
    Click for Spoiler:
    The Miz & Asuka
    Jimmy Uso & Naomi
    Rusev & Lana
    AJ Styles & Charlotte Flair
    R-Truth & Carmella
    Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss
    Bobby Lashley & Sasha Banks
    Finn Bálor & Bayley
    Jinder Mahal & Alicia Fox
    Kevin Owens & Natalya

Minor Roster Updates
    As WWE begins to announce legends who will appear at WWE Evolution, they will be added to the Free Agency under Specialties as they are announced. Presently, that includes Trish Stratus and Lita. Remember, superstars don't have to be listed to be snatched up, so if you suspect someone else will be having a match at Evolution, have at it. Also added to the Specialties is the new manager of RAW's AoP and 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick, though as he was a part of 205 Live's roster originally this move would have no berring on anyone's roster requirements. See Confirmed Trades thread for up-to-date Free Agencies.
    Last edited by smarkmouth; 09-05-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    CORRECTION: MMC finals are allegedly happening in December. Matches are still eligible for points but as the finals take place after our season one, attributing points to finalists is rendered moot.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SPECIAL EVENT: Evolution Draft!

Evolution Draft! READ CAREFULLY!
    With October fast approaching, more and more women's matches are making their ways onto RAW and Smackdown in order to promote WWE Evolution on October 28th. To accommodate this likely shift of balance against our present roster restrictions, we will be have special roster restrictions leading to the event. Through this window, players will have a sixth spot on their roster available to them and the two women restriction will be temporarily LIFTED from the end of the Evolution Draft until November 3rd (the end of the trade window after Evolution).

So, how is this going to work? Here are the bullet points by date;
    SEPTEMBER 17th
    • As of 12:00AM, the Two Women Maximum in your roster restrictions is LIFTED until November 3rd.
    • As of 12:00AM, rosters will allow for a sixth superstar.
    • A one-round draft begins starting with whoever's in last place and moving up the list to first place (determined after Mixed Match Challenge on September 16th). Players will pick from the Free Agency.
    • Until the draft is completed and everyone has made their pick, trading with the free agency will be temporarily suspended. You will still be able to trade with one another.

NOTE: Your sixth draft pick will not score points on RAW or Smackdown until the Evolution Draft is completed and everyone has made their pick.
    NOTE: You may be happy with the present females you have on your roster. That's okay. You don't HAVE to pick a female superstar for your sixth spot.

To be clear, the roster requirements will still demand that you have at least 2 RAW superstars, at least 2 Smackdown Superstars, and at least 1 Female Superstar. Be sure you continue abiding by that.

OCTOBER 31st - NOVEMBER 3RD
    • In no particular order, players must DROP one superstar from their talent pool to meet the original roster restrictions. This doesn't necessarily have to be your Evolution Draft pick. Failure to drop a superstar will be met with a 7-point penalty for every week you fail to meet the roster requirements.
    Last edited by smarkmouth; 09-18-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Evolution Draft! READ CAREFULLY!
    With October fast approaching, more and more women's matches are making their ways onto RAW and Smackdown in order to promote WWE Evolution on October 28th. To accommodate this likely shift of balance against our present roster restrictions, we will be have special roster restrictions leading to the event. Through this window, players will have a sixth spot on their roster available to them and the two women restriction will be temporarily LIFTED from the end of the Evolution Draft until November 3rd (the end of the trade window after Evolution).

So, how is this going to work? Here are the bullet points by date;
    SEPTEMBER 17th
    • As of 12:00AM, the Two Women Maximum in your roster restrictions is LIFTED until November 3rd.
    • As of 12:00AM, rosters will allow for a sixth superstar.
    • A one-round draft begins starting with whoever's in last place and moving up the list to first place (determined after Mixed Match Challenge on September 16th). Players will pick from the Free Agency.
    • Until the draft is completed and everyone has made their pick, trading with the free agency will be temporarily suspended. You will still be able to trade with one another.

NOTE: Your sixth draft pick will not score points on RAW or Smackdown until the Evolution Draft is completed and everyone has made their pick.
    NOTE: You may be happy with the present females you have on your roster. That's okay. You don't HAVE to pick a female superstar for your sixth spot.

To be clear, the roster requirements will still demand that you have at least 2 RAW superstars, at least 2 Smackdown Superstars, and at least 1 Female Superstar. Be sure you continue abiding by that.

OCTOBER 31st - NOVEMBER 3RD
    • In no particular order, players must DROP one superstar from their talent pool to meet the original roster restrictions. This doesn't necessarily have to be your Evolution Draft pick. Failure to drop a superstar will be met with a 7-point penalty for every week you fail to meet the roster requirements.
    I screwed this up. Evolution draft starts tonight at midnight. Not, y'know, two days ago.

Thread Information