Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Pool General Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is anyone else confused about this? Like whom to choose. Your favourite wrestlers or the ones who could make you win. I'm confused. For sure.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd say that if you're one of the lower people to select, just pick "the best wrestler available" with your pick. Remember though, this "league" doesn't start until the RAW after SummerSlam.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    Is anyone else confused about this? Like whom to choose. Your favourite wrestlers or the ones who could make you win. I'm confused. For sure.
    I was. I wanted to choose Daniel Bryan or Finn Balor but ultimately went with Lashley.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    KB or Sly should give a rundown on everyone's draft choices, obviously after the draft is finished.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Fuck I'm glad I got on today, I've been flat out the last 6 days and hadnt checked here and then remembered about this. I'm not even up to date with what is going on so I'm hoping for anything above last and I'll call that a success.

I had a quick read over the rules, probably too late to change rules but thought i would throw this suggestion out for a future season. Being reward for not being the one to take the fall in multi man matches and being rewarded more for getting the fall. E.g In a triple threat match if roman reigns gets pinned by seth rollins, reigns should get the usual 6 points for a loss and rollins the 10 for a victory. Lesnar as the third man who didnt get pinned should pick up 8.
    Or in tag matches if reigns and rollins beat the miz and dolph ziggler with the miz taking the fall and reigns getting the fall. Immediately halve the points and you would have reigns and rollins on 5 each and the miz and ziggler on 3. I believe a point should either be taken from the person who took the fall and rewarded to the wrestler who gained the fall. In this case that would make the scores Reigns 6, Rollins 5, Ziggler 3 and the Miz 2. Alternatively you could take a point off rollins and reward it to reigns and a point off the miz and reward it to ziggler. Meaning the scores would now be Reigns 6, Rollins and Ziggler 4, the miz 2.

That could be a pain in the ass to sit there and figure out. I know you said you will be basing it off kb's review but does that mean it will be based off his results summary or the full match summary write up he does? Because if it is the full write up then another points categories could be successful distractions/interference with it being multiplied if it results in a win.

I'd also like some negative scores placed in, what they would be I dont know though.

Obviously the more scoring factors you add in the more complicated and time consuming the process will be for you but I'm sure we could all just calculate our own scores and you could just basically act as an auditor to ensure nobody is dicking the scores around (severe punishments for those found to be deliberately or consistently doing so) and another competitor to could correct it as well to ensure it is double checked. So essentially each player would tally their own and another players score each week and then whoever the league commissioner is (if it ever changes) just has to look at the two totals and rule on any differences. I'm sure a spreadsheet could be made up that calculates the total of everything with just a simple Y/N checklist being used

Sorry for the long ass post

6. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    Fuck I'm glad I got on today, I've been flat out the last 6 days and hadnt checked here and then remembered about this. I'm not even up to date with what is going on so I'm hoping for anything above last and I'll call that a success.

I had a quick read over the rules, probably too late to change rules but thought i would throw this suggestion out for a future season. Being reward for not being the one to take the fall in multi man matches and being rewarded more for getting the fall. E.g In a triple threat match if roman reigns gets pinned by seth rollins, reigns should get the usual 6 points for a loss and rollins the 10 for a victory. Lesnar as the third man who didnt get pinned should pick up 8.
    Or in tag matches if reigns and rollins beat the miz and dolph ziggler with the miz taking the fall and reigns getting the fall. Immediately halve the points and you would have reigns and rollins on 5 each and the miz and ziggler on 3. I believe a point should either be taken from the person who took the fall and rewarded to the wrestler who gained the fall. In this case that would make the scores Reigns 6, Rollins 5, Ziggler 3 and the Miz 2. Alternatively you could take a point off rollins and reward it to reigns and a point off the miz and reward it to ziggler. Meaning the scores would now be Reigns 6, Rollins and Ziggler 4, the miz 2.

That could be a pain in the ass to sit there and figure out. I know you said you will be basing it off kb's review but does that mean it will be based off his results summary or the full match summary write up he does? Because if it is the full write up then another points categories could be successful distractions/interference with it being multiplied if it results in a win.

I'd also like some negative scores placed in, what they would be I dont know though.

Obviously the more scoring factors you add in the more complicated and time consuming the process will be for you but I'm sure we could all just calculate our own scores and you could just basically act as an auditor to ensure nobody is dicking the scores around (severe punishments for those found to be deliberately or consistently doing so) and another competitor to could correct it as well to ensure it is double checked. So essentially each player would tally their own and another players score each week and then whoever the league commissioner is (if it ever changes) just has to look at the two totals and rule on any differences. I'm sure a spreadsheet could be made up that calculates the total of everything with just a simple Y/N checklist being used

Sorry for the long ass post
    Dude, I'm glad you remembered in time! I've been peeking at player's "most recent activity" in their profile when it's been their turn and I thought you might miss.

I like the thought of a deducted point for taking the fall in a multi-man contest, particularly in Triple Threats and all. I even considered something quite similar, but I got to a point in which I was drawing a chart for the scoring system and felt it was getting too complex for the first season. We're currently discussing the points attributed to a loss up at the first page of this thread so I'm interested in your take.

The same to be said about additional scoring systems. Should we do a second season (I'm feeling hopeful), I'll definitely be open to that. This thread has already yielded a couple cool ideas.

We do have a few negative points as well, but it's only for player conduct in failing to meet roster requirements. I can't think of an on-screen instance to do so.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    For me personally you might see my username and could say it was without a doubt that Miz was going to be my pick if he was available. However that's not why I chose him as my 1st pick pick,even though hes my personal favorite, but rather due to where I see him going post-SummerSlam. I had someone else in mind, not going to say who of course, but after much thought I felt Miz was better than my other choice.

It could get tricky when deciding, but the thing to consider when choosing some from the roster is where do you see WWE going with X superstar after SummerSlam.

This could be a hint or I might just be playing with your mind.....
    The Day Wrestling Got Too Real

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Even it's you playing with my mind, thank you. Because even that would work out good for me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    KB or Sly should give a rundown on everyone's draft choices, obviously after the draft is finished.
    ^ That would be a great idea. Why didn't anyone think of that?
    Last edited by #AbsoluteUnit; 08-07-2018 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling

11. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    I'm not sure how much they've visited these parts so far, so I'm going to go ahead and quote them both without any context so they get alerted to come here and see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Seriously, even the WWE could not have written a more ridiculous story. And they've tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Adorybull.

Thread Information