Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Pool General Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Stormy's idea of doing the Evolution draft in reverse order of the standings would be how I would do it. I'm not against the idea of doing a new random order as a one off, but I think giving the last place guy the first pick would be a good way to inject some life into them and create a competitive balance.

Also, with the scoring on battle royals, have you considered points for eliminations? It was something I was thinking about asking you closer to January when the Rumble rolled around, but giving, say two points for a solo elimination and a point for a group elimination would be interesting.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Better Idea: Let's just wait until October. It's not even September yet.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm up for it. This is how you make stuff better, add stuff as you go along.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Also, with the scoring on battle royals, have you considered points for eliminations? It was something I was thinking about asking you closer to January when the Rumble rolled around, but giving, say two points for a solo elimination and a point for a group elimination would be interesting.
    I definitely want to do something like this for the Rumble. My hesitance for doing so for a random battle royal for number one contendership to the tag titles or something is that eliminations aren't tracked as dilligently as with the Rumble. I imagine most eliminations for a TV battle royal will be lost in obscurity, while Rumble will be tracked quite readily on Wikipedia.

Also, no editing Wikipedia articles.
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Better Idea: Let's just wait until October. It's not even September yet.
    Indeed, but just a discusion at this stage. Better to get it out of the way early rather than try to make sure everyone's on board with days to spare.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just a heads up that I will be out of town until Saturday. I may check in but for the most part I won't be around. All to say, don't panic if I don't validate your trades in short order.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Iâ??m sure Kbs reviews would summarise the eliminations for battle royals well enough and probably the rumble too.
    Survivor series rules read like someone could get 4 eliminations then get eliminated by a sole survivor and would get the basic 6 for a loss (as this rule was made before the change to 4 I say itâ??s still the basic 6. I say you should get minimum 3 points bonus for every elimination you pick up and maybe lose 3 if you get eliminated(not sure if you should profit if you get one elimination and then get eliminated. Iâ??d say 5 but if someone managed to go sole survivor and pick up all the eliminations theyâ??d get a mammoth 39 points. Even 3 eliminations would be 29. So 5 might be too high

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We're including house shows in this league as well?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    We're including house shows in this league as well?
    No. You can find the list of shows that are eligible for points in the Rulebook. Tracking house shows against a trade window would be a nightmare.
    Last edited by smarkmouth; 08-25-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    I’m sure Kbs reviews would summarise the eliminations for battle royals well enough and probably the rumble too.
    Survivor series rules read like someone could get 4 eliminations then get eliminated by a sole survivor and would get the basic 6 for a loss (as this rule was made before the change to 4 I say it’s still the basic 6. I say you should get minimum 3 points bonus for every elimination you pick up and maybe lose 3 if you get eliminated(not sure if you should profit if you get one elimination and then get eliminated. I’d say 5 but if someone managed to go sole survivor and pick up all the eliminations they’d get a mammoth 39 points. Even 3 eliminations would be 29. So 5 might be too high
    Indeed, that should be 4 points for a loss. Thank you for catching that. Otherwise I'll open up the conversation about the Survivor Series scoring system to the group, but I'd agree going above 3 points is too high. We won't be debiting points for being eliminated though. Points are only ever going to be deducted by player misconduct such as not meeting roster requirements.

As for Survivor Series, I propse;
    2 points per elimination in a Survivor Series match-up, on top of the original scoring system;
    Victory/Surviving Members – 14 points each
    Victory/Eliminated Members – 10 points each
    Losing Team – 4 points each

A hypothetical Sole Survivor who pins everyone on the opposing team earns 24 points.

Thoughts? Throw it a like if it's agreeable.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's a lot of points.

Thread Information