Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Pool General Discussion

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fantasy Pool General Discussion

Observations? Objections? Smack talk? Do it here.

2. Likes N/A liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So a player could have all women on their team, right? Not that I'd do that, just asking.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    So a player could have all women on their team, right? Not that I'd do that, just asking.
    No, we want to avoid that with the new rule. If there were a few players with such a roster, no other players would have ANY main roster females in their own rosters. In fact itnwould only take about 6 players with 3 women to break the game in this regard.

From the News & Announcements thread;
    As a result, the new rule will be that players must have at least one female superstar from RAW or Smackdown in their rosters, but have no more than two total female superstars.
    Sorry for any confusion.

(These changes are reflected in the Rulebook and changelog, for anyone who missed this revision.)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    why are players getting points after losses?
    Loss - 6 Points

6. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    why are players getting points after losses?
    I wanted there to be some value in losses and jobbers, and didn't want someone like Roman running away on the scoreboard. I went with half the victory points, rounded up so it was divisible for tag team matches.

That being said, I'm willing to open this up for debate before the scoreboard launch. I won't go at low as zero, so I think a fair score is 6 or 4. What do you think? Anyone else want to weigh in?

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I wanted there to be some value in losses and jobbers, and didn't want someone like Roman running away on the scoreboard. I went with half the victory points, rounded up so it was divisible for tag team matches.

That being said, I'm willing to open this up for debate before the scoreboard launch. I won't go at low as zero, so I think a fair score is 6 or 4. What do you think? Anyone else want to weigh in?
    I think 5 or 4 would be good enough points to go off on for losses cause after all we want winners as well in our pools. The way I see it someone could go after a pretty heavy pool of jobbers and a champ or two, since champs lose quite a bit due building up the contender or storyline purposes. For myself personally am go between 5 or 4 since 6 points seems a little too strong. However it's up to you and how you see things.
    The Day Wrestling Got Too Real

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Miz View Post
    I think 5 or 4 would be good enough points to go off on for losses cause after all we want winners as well in our pools. The way I see it someone could go after a pretty heavy pool of jobbers and a champ or two, since champs lose quite a bit due building up the contender or storyline purposes. For myself personally am go between 5 or 4 since 6 points seems a little too strong. However it's up to you and how you see things.
    I think that scenario makes it more interesting. It's adds a different element to superstar selection. There's 12 participants so let's say that's one top guy each, it adds more value to the lower card players.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was the guy you pitched the original idea to back on WZ and I get the 6th pick? I thought for sure you would rig the "random" aspect like the NBA in '85 to make sure the Knicks got Ewing.

I do like the idea of some value in a loss. One guy has to win, but it isn't like traditional sports fantasy where guys on a losing team still get you points. The team of jobbers as strategy is a unique idea. Just sorta Moneyball the whole roster. After the initial season, I'd support looking at an adjustment for points the loser gets, but for now I think its fine.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
    I think that scenario makes it more interesting. It's adds a different element to superstar selection. There's 12 participants so let's say that's one top guy each, it adds more value to the lower card players.
    Small correction; 14 participants. And honestly, as a participant, I think my first round pick will be a midcarder who regularly has a match on the weekly shows.

Or is that what I want you to believe? Mwah-hahahhahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    I was the guy you pitched the original idea to back on WZ and I get the 6th pick? I thought for sure you would rig the "random" aspect like the NBA in '85 to make sure the Knicks got Ewing.
    Yaz, I would give you the world if I could. The pool is above our mortal rules.

13. Likes Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It is presently 12:04 PM EST. The draft thread will be opened near midnight. I may post early, but if so, Fallout will have 24 hours from midnight to make the first draft pick.

Thread Information