Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Reuniting Former Tag Team Champions?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WWE Reuniting Former Tag Team Champions?

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/08/...eam-champions/

According to rumors, WWE is going to reunite American Alpha once Jason Jordan returns.

This works for me. Jordan wasn’t doing all that great as a singles competitor, and Gable is too good to be doing nothing. The tag team division also needs more depth.

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Like cool, but Jordan was blossoming into something special before his injury. Shouldn't he realign with Rollins before his eventual turn?

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They shouldn't have broken them up to begin with. Jason Jordan on his own doesn't work at all and the whole Kurt Angle's son thing was extremely stupid. Plus Gable is too talented to barely get on TV, so if they don't wanna push him solo then this works for me.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We complain about the lack of storytelling yet cheer the end of something that was at least intriguing.
    Last edited by Spidey; 08-02-2018 at 05:59 PM.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    This has been the rumor for weeks. If it turns out to be true, this might mean that they've decided to let the Jordan/Angle storyline quietly sink into oblivion.

Chad Gable is someone on the roster, among quite a few in fact, who's potential has barely been scratched. He knows how to talk on the mic and he's delivered some really good matches, but it's obvious that nothing's going to come of him as a singles wrestler. If nothing else, they should've put him on 205 Live as he could have at least been useful there. Raw could use another good team as the tag team picture right now is Hardy & Wyatt, the Revival, the Ascension, the B Team, Titus & Apollo, Rhyno & Heath Slater and the Authors of Pain. If given the opportunity, American Alpha and the Revival could tear the house down on the main roster just as they did in NXT.

Another team for former champions are rumored to be getting back together as, allegedly, Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins are set to pick up right where they left off when Ambrose was injured. Ambrose should be back soon, probably sometime after SummerSlam when Rollins' program with Dolph Ziggler ends, and they'll resume working as a team as part of the build up to Dean Ambrose's long awaited heel turn.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They never should've split up in the first place.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    We complain about the lack of storytelling yet cheer the end of something that was at least intriguing.
    I mean one could argue if it was really intriguing, and not just random. Even more so when it seems like they picked Jordan over Gable (who's clearly better) because "LOL KURT ANGLE LIKES BLACK WOMEN!".

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skairipa View Post
    I mean one could argue if it was really intriguing, and not just random. Even more so when it seems like they picked Jordan over Gable (who's clearly better) because "LOL KURT ANGLE LIKES BLACK WOMEN!".
    When did randomness become a bad thing in pro wrestling? I'd rather have something different and random over something flavorless and expected. Maybe I'm the odd man out, but a silly story trumps no story for me, especially if said silliness has characters I don't really see much of. The obvious heel building of Jordan was one of the more interesting parts of the show.

I fear for American Alpha in a division filled with goofy teams that do better than The Revival.
    Last edited by Spidey; 08-03-2018 at 12:31 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Look, I like Gable, but even in the world of Daniel Bryans and CM Punks and AJ Styles(es), he is hard to accept as a threat. He is 5'8. Gable is smaller than most guys on 205 Live. I don't care how good of a wrestler you are, it is hard to take you seriously is you are that small. That is why they chose Jordan. It had nothing to do with the whole Angle going after Booker's wife, it was just them picking a good wrestler with a good look who they wanted to push.

And it doesn't matter if they reunite. Tag Team wrestling in WWE was hot last year but has turned back into filler.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There's a big difference between the likes of Bryan and Styles and the likes of Chad Gable. Like, if they got jumped in a parking lot, you know Bryan is a shoot vegan with a penchant for plaid shirts and AJ Styles genuinely believes the Earth is flat and carries an Xbox around with him in a large metal briefcase, so they're going to be able to take care of themselves. That's reputation. Meng eat your heart out. Nothing I know about Gable's background suggests that to me. Has he ever actually done anything outside of professional wrestling? There's no way to tell.

In fact, if another man under six foot wins a world championship, I'm going to get very, very red and very, very nude in a hurry.

18. Likes OYDK, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information