Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Podcasts, Blogs, YouTube, etc.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
    As far as fan podcasts go, I'll reiterate that I think the Attitude Era Podcast is the absolute gold standard. They actually did all the Attitude Era, and are now doing the Invasion and convincing me that heel Stone Cold Steve Austin was way better than I remember it being at the time.
    Off topic, but the more I revisit the Invasion Era, the more I realise that there was some top quality wrestling, stories and character work going on that is completely overshadowed by the dog shit that was the Invasion itself and the use of the likes of DDP.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's essentially what the podcast is revealing as well - e.g. at SummerSlam 2001, on the same show that DDP more or less literally shits his pants, Steve Austin and Kurt Angle have an absolutely phenomenal match.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's essentially what the podcast is revealing as well - e.g. at SummerSlam 2001, on the same show that DDP more or less literally shits his pants, Steve Austin and Kurt Angle have an absolutely phenomenal match.
    The entire Austin/Angle feud was fantastic. As was the somewhat forgotten Y2J/Rock feud.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wrestling podcasts by actual wrestlers tend to be bogged down by so much advertising and self-promotion that the effort of getting to the meat often isn't worth it. I used to cherry pick episodes of Colt Cabana's because it was a lot more bearable than most.

As far as fan podcasts go, I'll reiterate that I think the Attitude Era Podcast is the absolute gold standard. They actually did all the Attitude Era, and are now doing the Invasion and convincing me that heel Stone Cold Steve Austin was way better than I remember it being at the time.
    I do enjoy the Attitude Era podcast, but Kefin can become a bit much for me sometimes. It feels like he is always trying one-up everyone elseâ??s observations and jokes. Itâ??s still a great listen, and Iâ??m really enjoying the run through the invasion.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The show's been a platform for Kefin's otherwise unuseable professional wrestling standup for a while and, at least since they started hoping people might donate five dollars a month, they've begun leaning into it. Case in point: https://twitter.com/aepodcast/status/965998481100951552

A better name than Sai supermatto64's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As for podcasts, I listen to E&C's Pod of Awesome and the Steve Austin Show.

As for YouTube, I watch Botchamania. I used to watch King Ross's WTF Moments though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I subscribe to a bunch of channels on Youtube that play clips from certain podcasts. It's much more convenient than sitting through a 4 hour show lol.

For instance, I enjoy Jim Cornette's rants, but I'm not about to sit through his podcast. So I'm subscribed to this Youtube channel called "Jim Cornette's Talking Sense" and they upload the 3 or 4 best segments from each episode and if the title interests me, I'll check it out.

"Wrestling Hut" and "Wrestlers Talking Sense" channels do the exact same thing all across the board.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I enjoy watching Cultaholic (the guys from WhatCulture), though I miss Adam Blampied because dude was the best part of WhatCulture. But their PPV predction and reaction videos still entertain and I don't mind their other videos.

I used to keep up with Jericho's podcast but forgot about it for awhile, I've listened to a couple of E & C's podcast episodes and those are pretty entertaining. The episode with Cena was really good and gave good insight into the business.

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I usy get most of my info from Cutaholic.

They have funny reaction vids to the PPVs so that's a plus

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milenko View Post
    I usy get most of my info from Cutaholic.

They have funny reaction vids to the PPVs so that's a plus
    The punishments are usually entertaining as well. Having to dress like Goldust full time for a month has gotta be rough.

Thread Information