Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM Punk Being Sued Again

CM Punk Being Sued Again

It's been reported that good ol' Phil Brooks, BKA CM Punk, might be heading back to court soon as former best friend Scott Colton, BKA Colt Cabana, has filed suit against him for fraud and breach of contract.

Cabana's suit alleges that Punk promised to help him out with the legal bills from the defamation suit. Colt claims Punk told him that he would be "100% covered" in a text message. Punk has allegedly failed to keep that promise and Colt now has unpaid legal bills totaling $513,736. Punk asked Colt to pay half of the legal fees, which would be $256,868, allegedly saying, "You are on your own." An email Punk allegedly sent to Cabana stated:

"To date I have spent $513,736 dollars on this Amman lawsuit. My outstanding current bill is a t least 300k. Half of all this is yours. Divide the 513,736 by 2 and that is what you owe me and what I expect you to pay me. Starting now I will no longer be paying your bills. You are on your own. Whatever my bill is currently, will be cut in half, and half will be yours. If you choose to make this all ugly, that's fine too. I hope you won't, but I gave up on you doing what is right a long time ago."

Cabana's lawsuit claims that "Brooks acted with fraud, malice and oppression towards Colton, with the deliberate intention of causing Colton harm."

Cabana is asking for $200K in general damages, plus $1 million in punitive and exemplary damages, at least that's all that's been reported by the Chicago Sun-Times as of this afternoon.

Well, I guess this confirms that Punk and Cabana really aren't friends anymore. They had some kind of falling out back in 2016, I don't remember the cause, but claimed to have reconciled before the trial began though Cabana, in an interview he gave after the trial was over kinda sorta hesitated when asked if he and Punk were friends, though he said they were cordial.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I read this earlier. It must be hard to go against your best friend like that. Any chance this actually makes it rounds to court?

3. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The falling out in 2016 was because Colt was still talking to WWE guys on a friendly basis, and that offended Punk, who feels he is clearly the center of the universe. Like at this point, fuck CM Punk. I can understand a lot of his abrasiveness. When you are on the road year round and getting into airports 3am, it is reasonable that you don't want to be bothered by people hanging out at the airport for the express purpose of getting an autograph. Being this big of a cock bag 24/7 is inexcusable.

When the original podcast that Colt posted went up, Colt did his best to avoid speaking ill of anyone. Punk went off, on everyone, but Colt was mostly just there to let his friend speak his mind. When the doctor threatened the lawsuit, WWE told Colt if he took the podcast down, they would leave him alone. Colt chose to stand by his friend and do what he thought was right. Now, that same friend, has left Colt, a man who didn't make the WWE money that Punk did, out in the wind.

Defend it all you want by saying that Punk had a rough life, but plenty of people who live a rough life don't turn into self centered, egotistical assholes, who screw everyone over and take themselves too seriously. He has gone off on everyone from Kevin Owens to Hornswaggle for things he felt they did wrong, but in the end he only looked like an asshole.

Corey Graves said it best, If you have a back, CM Punk has a knife.

5. Likes Fallout, Wildcat66, Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's hilarious to me that there's still a pretty large percentage of fans who like CM Punk, when it's been obvious for years that he's a delusional prick who legitimately thinks he's above everybody else.

7. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm disliking Punk more and more each day. Seriously be more thankful for what you have and who you have.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Honestly I think Punk is becoming ultra paranoid in regards to WWE. He probably thinks WWE are out to get him or something to that effect and thinks a lot of people he knows are in on it. Kind of sad really

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

The tables have turned on CM Punk.

He won his lawsuit against Dr. Amann, and now it turns out that he falsely implied to Colt that he would cover his legal fees.

Suddenly the BEST IN THE WORLD doesn't seem that likeable. His foray into the UFC made him and every other prowrestler look like a joke, he got a clean win over all three members of The Shield and was recently eaten for breakfast by an unremarkable fighter named Mike Jackson.

The WWE would do good to avoid letting wrestlers get it into their head that they're bigger than the promotion that markets them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EnviousDominous View Post
    The WWE would do good to avoid letting wrestlers get it into their head that they're bigger than the promotion that markets them.
    Punk thinks ways too highly of himself, but he does know he's not bigger than WWE. In his pipebomb, he said he's just a spoke on the wheel, and WWE will keep turning long after he's gone.

13. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I lost every bit of respect when I read that he started crying in the court.

I mean c'mon just fucking idiot. It clearly showed me that this guy is just a playing. Trying to act like a fucking victim. It's been 4 years and a fucking doctor that you always hated, doesn't give you your medicine or doesn't take care of you, and THIS still makes you cry 4 years later???? I mean you must be seriously banged in the freaking head to act like that, on a public court for something like this.

I knew Punk was an ego-maniac for the way he walked out on his CONTRACT and I kinda sympathized with him back then, but now.. c'mon...

15. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thread Information