Page 13 of 236 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've probably asked this before, but I have to ask again because the last few days everyone is in full fellatio mode with Undertaker. Why does he get a pass for the backstage crap he pulled, when other guys are demonized for it?

I mean, was the BSK really the bastion of righteousness the Kliq wasn't? Was him taping up his fists at Shawn, a man much smaller and on his way to retirement, really a move of being a backstage leader or was it a BS act of acting tough to gain respect? Was him handing out arbitrary punishments based on outdated carnie mentality him being a leader, or him being a bully? He once gave then SD Champion Punk shit over not wearing a suit, but gives Cena a pass for his jorts and loud shirts. Don't even try to tell me Michelle McCool was on her way to that push before Undertaker was all up in that.

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    I do legitimately have to ask, why in their attempt to push him as a singles star did they match with with The Rock? Everyone knew Billy was a decent enough in ring guy, but there was a reason Dogg did the talking for NAO.
    Trying to give him a rub. I mean, it didn't work but that was their thinking: put him with the stars and he'll become one. This worked for people like Shawn....but there was a bit of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Miz and Asuka are winning the MMC tournament, aren't they?
    Looking more and more likely.

I've probably asked this before, but I have to ask again because the last few days everyone is in full fellatio mode with Undertaker. Why does he get a pass for the backstage crap he pulled, when other guys are demonized for it?

I mean, was the BSK really the bastion of righteousness the Kliq wasn't? Was him taping up his fists at Shawn, a man much smaller and on his way to retirement, really a move of being a backstage leader or was it a BS act of acting tough to gain respect? Was him handing out arbitrary punishments based on outdated carnie mentality him being a leader, or him being a bully? He once gave then SD Champion Punk shit over not wearing a suit, but gives Cena a pass for his jorts and loud shirts. Don't even try to tell me Michelle McCool was on her way to that push before Undertaker was all up in that.
    I'll go over these one at a time but overall, a lot of it was due to all the good things Undertaker did. He was around forever, did almost anything asked of him (there were a few issues otherwise) and cut back on a lot of issues over time. Undertaker might not have been perfect, but compared to people who did the lion's share of backstage politicking, he wasn't as bad.

Now for the other issues.

1. The BSK really didn't do anything nearly as bad as the Kliq. The Kliq would ruin people's careers and make everything about themselves. The BSK was really more about acting as a counter balance to the Kliq, which was desperately needed.

2. Given that Shawn holds the record for most titles forfeited or vacated and that there was a precedent for him exaggerating injuries to make himself look better, yeah, someone basically demanding that he go out there and lay down for Shawn was something needed. Shawn wasn't acting rationally at this point and they needed Austin to win the title without any kind of issue. Undertaker threatening him got the job done.

3. Are you talking about the Wrestlers Court? If so, that's a glorified joke that has gone on for years and wasn't taken as anything seriously unless someone decided to take it too seriously.

4. With Punk vs. Cena, I'd say consider them individually. Punk is FAR from known as being respectful, while Cena's shirt and shorts are his trademark. Also, when you've made the kind of money that Cena has for the amount of time Cena has, you can get away with it. Would Austin have been asked to wear a suit anywhere he went in his heyday?

5. Not at all, but that's not exactly something that matters too much. I mean, if Stephanie and Shane can keep their spots forever, Michelle, who wound up being quite good, isn't that big of a deal.

Overall, Undertaker did do some shady things, but who hasn't? When you've been around that long and been as good as he has for such a long time, you can get away with a lot more.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd argue then that Undertaker wasn't that good. I can ignore that was wasn't good in his early career, not many guys are, but he wasn't really putting on good matches until his late 30s. He was not good on the mic and I will defend that until I die. Unless he was working with the absolute cream of the crop talent, nothing he did was memorable. He is largely remembered for his longevity and making a gimmick we should have laughed at work for 25 years.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd argue then that Undertaker wasn't that good. I can ignore that was wasn't good in his early career, not many guys are, but he wasn't really putting on good matches until his late 30s. He was not good on the mic and I will defend that until I die. Unless he was working with the absolute cream of the crop talent, nothing he did was memorable. He is largely remembered for his longevity and making a gimmick we should have laughed at work for 25 years.
    Well he has some classics in there with Bret, Shawn, Foley and a few others, which granted almost anyone could do but Undertaker did it as well. His mic stuff never was about the substance but more of the aura around it. On a similar note, Rock said some of the dumbest, most ridiculous things you'll ever hear but got it over due to willpower. Now no one would call Rock's promos horrible would they? Undertaker was more of an attraction than a wrestler (see also Andre the Giant). In that regard, he worked as well as anyone could.

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Given that this angle with Ibushi and the Bullet Club appears to be something Omega has been saving up for, do you think this is the start of his ascent to the top of New Japan, or is this his final major angle before riding off to the WWE?

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Well he has some classics in there with Bret, Shawn, Foley and a few others, which granted almost anyone could do but Undertaker did it as well. His mic stuff never was about the substance but more of the aura around it. On a similar note, Rock said some of the dumbest, most ridiculous things you'll ever hear but got it over due to willpower. Now no one would call Rock's promos horrible would they? Undertaker was more of an attraction than a wrestler (see also Andre the Giant). In that regard, he worked as well as anyone could.
    The Foley feud was the turning point in my opinion. Aside from the Shawn and Bret stuff, most of his matches were squashes that worked well with his character and matches that were slow with lots of punches and choking and a Tombstone and maybe Old School before it had a name.

[Insert five minute entrance] The promos though...................they were bad..........................like honestly...........................his character hid his mic flaws..............................but this...............isn't good.............................no matter how you slice it....................................Rest...In... Peace.

I think I'm just salty because I'm sick and a bunch of people are getting hard over another potential Wrestlemania match that doesn't need to happen.

12. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by FunKay View Post
    Given that this angle with Ibushi and the Bullet Club appears to be something Omega has been saving up for, do you think this is the start of his ascent to the top of New Japan, or is this his final major angle before riding off to the WWE?
    I'm really not sure at this point. If Omega isn't getting the World Title, and at this point it doesn't seem to be the case, I'm not sure I see why he should stay around. It might be a big end around, but I'm not exactly thrilled at the moment.

The Foley feud was the turning point in my opinion. Aside from the Shawn and Bret stuff, most of his matches were squashes that worked well with his character and matches that were slow with lots of punches and choking and a Tombstone and maybe Old School before it had a name.

[Insert five minute entrance] The promos though...................they were bad..........................like honestly...........................his character hid his mic flaws..............................but this...............isn't good.............................no matter how you slice it....................................Rest...In... Peace.

I think I'm just salty because I'm sick and a bunch of people are getting hard over another potential Wrestlemania match that doesn't need to happen.
    Yeah the Foley thing was the big one as it gave Undertaker someone who could be a monster while also moving around. You can only feud with lumbering oafs for so long.

Hence why Bearer was around most of the time. He was certainly better. Also, HHH puts any of those criticisms to shame.

Yeah I'm with you on not needing to see it. Undertaker is better than you're giving him though.

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Taker's not a miracle worker. Look at the guys they put him with - Giant Gonzalez, Mabel, King Kong Bundy, Kamala etc. At least when Foley came in he could actually start working again.

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Best ever NXT takeover match?

18. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Best ever NXT takeover match?
    I want to say Sami vs. Nakamura but every time I watch Bayley vs. Sasha in Brooklyn, I like it that much more. We'll go with the women. Gargano vs. Almas as a close second that I need to watch again.

20. Likes Wildcat66, ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information