Page 184 of 236 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2358

Thread: KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Am I missing something in regards to the Twitch thing. I get talent use it as a revenue stream but if they say or do something that negatively affects WWE that makes WWE look bad. And with WWE looking into doing an agreement with Twitch (or another streaming service) for the talent to use isn't that a good thing?

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    Has Rey Mysterio ever been a heel?
    Yep. Late WCW when they took his mask off. It didn't work, as you might have guessed, mainly because he made Dominik look like an old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
    Knew you was gonna say that KB
    Well when he's bragged about it for eighteen years, it kind of sticks with you.

Nearly 7 years removed from The Streak been broken. I think we can confidently say we have seen the last of Brock Lesnar for now.

Do you think Lesnar was the right guy?

I feel like it definitely took Brock to another level.
    It definitely did take him to the next level. Heyman's promo the following night on Raw was the perfect bonus.

Heyman: "A bunch of people have said they could have broken the Streak. So why didn't you? Brock Lesnar did." Gold.

As for was he the right guys......dang that's a tough one. On one hand, I would have been ok with it never being broken. On the other hand, earlier in the night there was that guy named Roman Reigns who looked like a killer and might have a future on his hands. On the other hand (it's someone else's as I don't have three of them), Lesnar was indeed taken to another level with that win. The problem is they bungled almost everything about him after that, including putting the title on him over and over.

So in the short term, Lesnar made sense, but not so much in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Am I missing something in regards to the Twitch thing. I get talent use it as a revenue stream but if they say or do something that negatively affects WWE that makes WWE look bad. And with WWE looking into doing an agreement with Twitch (or another streaming service) for the talent to use isn't that a good thing?
    Not when you look at it from the talent's perspective.

One of the keys to the whole thing is the part of the new policy that says the revenue from Twitch counts towards the wrestlers' downside guarantee.....pause.

Crash course on downside guarantee: When you sign a contract, you are guaranteed a minimum dollar amount in a year (the downside guarantee). If you make more than that, you get to keep it all. If you make less than that, WWE will cut you a check to make up for it. So if your downside guarantee is $100,000 and you make $75,000 from video games, merchandise and appearances, WWE will give you $25,000 at the end of the year.

Unpause.

Now, the catch to the new deal is that the Twitch money now counts TOWARDS your downside guarantee as opposed to being a separate deal. Therefore, it is the same as working a show or showing up at a Wal Mart for an autograph signing, meaning you can't turn it down. That makes it a requirement and one more responsibility that you now have to WWE, who is now off the hook for some of the money they might have to pay to the wrestlers, plus they are getting a (likely majority) portion of the revenue the Twitch stream brings in, which was going to the wrestlers in the first place.

So, in short, it's taking money from the wrestlers, giving WWE more authority and control, and easing WWE's financial responsibilties. Why would any wrestler be happy with this, especially when they built up the Twitch audience in the first place?

Now, of course they should be in trouble if they say something bad about WWE, but I don't buy for a second that WWE is doing this to protect themselves. They saw dollar signs and took action.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Do you think WWE has missed out by not having Serena Deeb as an active wrestler?

Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Do you think WWE has missed out by not having Serena Deeb as an active wrestler?
    Yeah she would have been helpful. If nothing else for some on the fly coaching.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When did you start viewing Roman as the full package?

Hes been the guy for a long time now but he didnt have it at knit together for a good while.

For me personally it was Rumble 2017, when he eliminated 'Taker his facials were insane. I must add I didnt watch weekly TV then though.

Also, is Drew the first guy to kick out of the Spear where Roman bounces off the ropes twice like he did against 'Taker?

They got me well with that one Sunday

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When did you start viewing Roman as the full package?

Hes been the guy for a long time now but he didnt have it at knit together for a good while.

For me personally it was Rumble 2017, when he eliminated 'Taker his facials were insane. I must add I didnt watch weekly TV then though.

Also, is Drew the first guy to kick out of the Spear where Roman bounces off the ropes twice like he did against 'Taker?

1. "It's my yard now."

2. Lesnar probably did at some point.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    2. Lesnar probably did at some point.
    I'm the sick fuck that decided to watch back the Lesnar/Reigns matches and believe it or not he didn't.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    To be fair the first Lesnar vs Reigns match was sick, topped of with MITB cash in.

Only memorable call I have of Michael Cole too

"Seth Rollins with the heist of the century!" As Seth swings the belt above his head. Looked awesome.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Miracle on Bourbon Street is my favorite Cole call.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    2 UK related questions.

1. So I really enjoyed the Rounds concept of the Heritage Cup. Would this work in the US? I feel like it would be a good way to get to a commercial break.

2. Pete Dunne, Toni Storm, and the Grizzled Young Veterans have all made their re-debut on the NXT brand in the past month or so. Is there not travel restrictions still (obvious not US travel restrictions but UK and Australia) or is WWE bypassing that?
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information