Page 54 of 236 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: KB Answers Wrestling Questions

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1709 View Post
    Thank you ��

how can Vince be utterly oblivious to what works in nxt - it’s right under his nose! Is he just plain ignorant?? I get the shows have different lay outs but simple procedures such as matches and storylines e.g Bayley/sasha Banks, he seems to be able to screw up what seems impossible to screw up.
    I feel Braun Strowman is rapidly heading the same way as well! Lightning in a bottle being wasted
    It's a lot more complicated than just replicating NXT's formula unfortunately.

2. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Who do you think the next guy to grab the brass ring will be? Also, whom do you want to see grab the brass ring?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A longer form question. I don't know Alex Riley's work in WWE. How was he in the ring? Or mic? Or as a whole? What worked? What didn't work?

Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Who do you think the next guy to grab the brass ring will be? Also, whom do you want to see grab the brass ring?
    Lashley

McIntyre

Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    A longer form question. I don't know Alex Riley's work in WWE. How was he in the ring? Or mic? Or as a whole? What worked? What didn't work?
    He was talented in the midcard and had some intensity on the mic with awesome music. His look was great and he had potential, but allegedly he got in trouble for an argument with Cena, who squashed his push. As for what didn't work, he just never had a chance to go very far as the only interesting feud he had was against Miz, which only went so far.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How much of NXT's success is due to booking, and how much is due to the show only running 1 hour each week and Takeovers only happening every 2-3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    How much of NXT's success is due to booking, and how much is due to the show only running 1 hour each week and Takeovers only happening every 2-3 months?
    Personally, I think these are three elements that have been essential in NXT establishing itself as an alternative to the main roster.

As far as the booking goes, it's more straight forward and old school than what you see on the main roster. As a whole, a lot of it comes off as more serious than what you see on the main roster in that none of the programs we see on NXT come off as looking silly. When there's a "fight", the "fighters" are actually fighting over something that's sensible. It's also clear that maintaining continuity is important in NXT as all the little details are lined up, programs just aren't changed or switched up right when they're in the middle of things nor does NXT try to pass off nonsensical bullcrap as logic for why something is happening. NXT makes use of commentary by not feeding canned lines to the commentators, allowing them to be more organic and the commentators help to tell stories about what we're seeing in the ring, keeping the focus on the action and the wrestlers involved instead of arguing with each other or cracking jokes that takes attention away from where it should be: inside the ring. Also, and this may be the most important thing among booking, Triple H and the creative team in NXT actually pay attention to what the fans are into, who they're into and why they feel the way they feel. Based on what we've seen in NXT, who and what fans are behind are definitely major factors in Triple H's decisions on feuds to book, storylines and who gets pushed consistently. I'm not saying that Triple H does no wrong or that he always gives the right person the push or whatever, that's just how it works in anything, but I think the fact that he obviously wants a much more serious product and that he pays attention to details big and small that it helps fans get over whenever he does make a decision that they're not feeling a lot easier. If he screws up, he tries to fix things instead of doubling or tripling down on his opinion; he's human after all and maybe he just doesn't see the point in wasting time, energy and effort trying to create this image that he's all knowing and without flaw the way Vince frequently tries to do.

When it comes to NXT being an hour long, it helps in some ways but, to be honest, I think Triple H and the NXT staff could easily handle a 2 hour program. NXT absolutely excels in time management, they make the absolute most of every second they have and everything we see has a purpose. Even squash matches have purposes and aren't being done just for the sake of filling up air time, which is the exact opposite of what we see on the main roster. Let me use 205 Live as an example, since Triple H is now in charge of it, in regards to squash matches. Right now, they've having Lio Rush win squash matches as a means of introducing fans to him and what he's all about. He's not out there to fill up air time and not go anywhere after said squash matches are over as he'll be moving his way up the card if the fans dig what he's bringing to the table. On the main roster, we'll see squash matches like Mojo Rawley vs. No Way Jose that ultimately lead to nothing; Rawley won't be moving up the card, he won't be moving into higher profile programs and now that it looks like his little program with Jose is over, we may not lay eyes on him again on Raw for months. I think that if NXT kept to the formula that's worked for them so far, a show that's longer than an hour can work just as well. Avoid filler, keep the focus on the wrestlers in the ring, use the commentators to help convey a story in the ring that might be too subtle for some fans to catch, leave crap like dance offs and pancake eating contests in the garbage where they belong and listen to what the fans respond and don't respond to.

As for the TakeOver events, having some time in between does help because it fits in with all the good things NXT does. Remember, NXT isn't about pointless filler nor are they about packing matches onto a TakeOver card just for the sake of making a card unnecessarily longer. As a result, they have that additional time to build the matches that wind up on TakeOver and to showcase the up & coming talent that might be seen on a TakeOver event a little bit down the line. TakeOver cards generally involve putting what NXT officials feel are the strongest 5 matches at the time and by giving some of those matches the extra time needed to really get the most out of them. I'd much rather have 5 matches, all of which I want to see, than have 8 or 9 matches on a card and not really being all that interested in those additional 3 or 4 bouts.

NXT is built around less being more, but using what you've got to its fullest extent. That is a clearly different philosophy than the main roster and I honestly don't think it'd have to be. I honestly do believe that if much of the NXT format is applied to the main roster, it'd get over just fine. Sure, there'd probably be some sort of transitional period and it might not knock one out of the park every single time they come up to bat right from the beginning but that's part of where the WWE brand comes in. WWE is the brand that can make certain changes in style and format acceptable, that can be part of the advantage of being the biggest in the world. WWE's done a great job the past several years with women's wrestling by adopting a good deal of NXT's approach, there are improvements that can be made but nothing's perfect and what we've got is infinitely preferable to the dark days where women in WWE were nothing more than masturbatory fodder. NXT is more about the "sports" aspect of "sports entertainment" than the main roster and I think fans would/will embrace the change coming to the main roster if/when it were to happen.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Do you think Omega or the Young Bucks would ever sign for WWE?

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    That's a lot of it. Takeovers being that infrequent helps a lot, but having more of a structure helps so much. You can set up stories here and there and let them grow naturally. At the same time though, you also don't have to appeal to the masses, which changes everything. So it's a bit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Do you think Omega or the Young Bucks would ever sign for WWE?
    Ever is a long time so yeah I think they could eventually.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Do we ever see a Woman on the cover of a WWE 2K game?

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Do we ever see a Woman on the cover of a WWE 2K game?
    I'm sure we will at some point.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information