Page 179 of 236 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2358

Thread: KB Answers Wrestling Questions

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    How much of the overall success of this Reigns/Uso feud (possible feud of the year in my opinion) is attributed to each key player (Jey, Roman, Heyman)?

Also, could you see Jey doing more solo work after this feud?
    Jey deserves credit for going above and beyond what he is doing. He has practically no experience as a singles wrestler but has been bringing the promos and served as a great target for Reigns. It's a tricky way to play things and he has been doing great with them so far.

On-screen, Heyman deserves some but not a ton as Reigns has done so much of the talking. Off-screen, a ton because you can feel his fingers all over this, from the story to Reigns' promos to Jey's responses. It's very Heyman influenced and that's a big part of why it's working so well. Heyman might not be the right choice for the head of a show, but if he can help guide a story here or there, he's worth his ample weight in gold.

Reigns though.....my goodness. He has found his calling with this and you can't take your eyes off of him. It's one thing to have great material but it's another to sell it like this. I believe everything Reigns is saying and it is making the story that much better.

They all deserve credit, but I'd say Reigns, Heyman and Jey in order, with Jey deserving a big fat chunk of it himself.

And yeah maybe, though I'd rather have the Usos than Jey on his own. This is something Jey can have in his back pocket if necessary though and WWE can always throw him in there as an Intercontinental Title challenger or something like that in a pinch. That's a nice asset to have available.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Jey deserves credit for going above and beyond what he is doing. He has practically no experience as a singles wrestler but has been bringing the promos and served as a great target for Reigns. It's a tricky way to play things and he has been doing great with them so far.

On-screen, Heyman deserves some but not a ton as Reigns has done so much of the talking. Off-screen, a ton because you can feel his fingers all over this, from the story to Reigns' promos to Jey's responses. It's very Heyman influenced and that's a big part of why it's working so well. Heyman might not be the right choice for the head of a show, but if he can help guide a story here or there, he's worth his ample weight in gold.

Reigns though.....my goodness. He has found his calling with this and you can't take your eyes off of him. It's one thing to have great material but it's another to sell it like this. I believe everything Reigns is saying and it is making the story that much better.

They all deserve credit, but I'd say Reigns, Heyman and Jey in order, with Jey deserving a big fat chunk of it himself.

And yeah maybe, though I'd rather have the Usos than Jey on his own. This is something Jey can have in his back pocket if necessary though and WWE can always throw him in there as an Intercontinental Title challenger or something like that in a pinch. That's a nice asset to have available.
    I have been so pleased with Jey Uso's work this feud. And of course The Uso's are better than Jey alone, but it is good to see him shine solo, as the other option was just sit at home doing nothing while Jimmy gets healthy. I almost feel bad for him becasue he's really shining right now and it seems that the attention goes (rightly so) to Roman and Heyman.

I mentioned it in the LD, but I'll ask here. Do you think this would have worked as well a normal arena? So much of the dialog would be swallowed up by crowd noise, and it wouldn't have the same effect.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    No real need to put them together as they were doing just fine on their own.

I wouldn't, because you're confusing the difference between over and popular (which is a very, very common mistake).

Popular is fleeting. Otis is popular. Orange Cassidy is popular. They do something that gets a reaction from the fans and it could work for weeks or even months. That's just popularity though.

Over is permanent (or close to it). The fans have accepted you no matter what you are doing. Chris Jericho is over. Fans aren't going to be tired or bored of him no matter what he does. Rey Mysterio is over. Yeah he's old and banged up and he's in a horrible story, but the fans know that he's great (note that you can absolutely be talented and popular without being over, which is where a lot of wrestlers are).

Think of it like this. Mysterio is in a horrible story that won't go away, but you don't hear people saying Mysterio is worthless. They understand that it's not Rey, but the material that he's doing. People are tired of what he's doing, but not him. You don't quite get that with Otis, who while very charismatic, has yet to show he's more than a one trick pony.

So no, Tajiri and Spike weren't over. They were popular and could have been on their way to being over, but they weren't there yet.

Does that make sense (which I say as non-condescendingly as possible even though it sounds like it is)?
    Yeah that's a good breakdown to be honest. I didnt think of it that way.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Do you watch the full entrance for The Undertaker on every recorded show you watch or do you skip it?

I wonder how long you have spent watching the entrance if you do.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So why is AEW having a tag-team lottery for it's tournament? I thought they could settle it by their W/L records, I guess not.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I haven't really watched much of WWE since Mania, what have been the best matches?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Shit I forgot this was kb?s thread, but Zayn/Styles/Hardy COC.

Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have been so pleased with Jey Uso's work this feud. And of course The Uso's are better than Jey alone, but it is good to see him shine solo, as the other option was just sit at home doing nothing while Jimmy gets healthy. I almost feel bad for him becasue he's really shining right now and it seems that the attention goes (rightly so) to Roman and Heyman.

I mentioned it in the LD, but I'll ask here. Do you think this would have worked as well a normal arena? So much of the dialog would be swallowed up by crowd noise, and it wouldn't have the same effect.

It wouldn't have the same impact, but there could be ways around that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
    Do you watch the full entrance for The Undertaker on every recorded show you watch or do you skip it?

I wonder how long you have spent watching the entrance if you do.
    Usually skip. It's impressive but can we move this along?

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    So why is AEW having a tag-team lottery for it's tournament? I thought they could settle it by their W/L records, I guess not.
    Because the wins/losses mean nothing. If they did, the Gunn Club would be #1 contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    I haven't really watched much of WWE since Mania, what have been the best matches?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    Shit I forgot this was kb?s thread, but Zayn/Styles/Hardy COC.
    That would be up there. Roman vs. Uso as well.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Are they already bored of Retribution?

Thread Information