Page 185 of 236 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2358

Thread: KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why are people upset that WWE isn't calling a move by a wrestler working for another company's namesake?

Jericho called it the codebreaker when he came back with the code stuff back in 07. Why would the move be called that when someone else does it? What do others have to do with coding.

I see no one upset that WWE changed the name of The Last Ride to the Spirit Bomb for Keith Lee? That's because the move is not actually called the Last Ride. Just like the double knee facebuster is not called the Codebreaker.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wrestling fans are always looking for reasons to be upset with WWE.

4. Likes Storm Trooper liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    considering that the report came from that stupid Melter guy that's shouldn't have been too difficult to ascertain.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    I'm the sick fuck that decided to watch back the Lesnar/Reigns matches and believe it or not he didn't.
    As many times as they had fought you would think that would have happened. I'm surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
    To be fair the first Lesnar vs Reigns match was sick, topped of with MITB cash in.

Only memorable call I have of Michael Cole too

"Seth Rollins with the heist of the century!" As Seth swings the belt above his head. Looked awesome.
    They got me with that one and that doesn't happen often.

Miracle on Bourbon Street is my favorite Cole call.
    "Mick Foley has achieved his dream, and the dream of everyone else who has been told YOU CAN'T DO IT!"

And the Superdome is about a mile from Bourbon Street so that one loses points for me.

2 UK related questions.

1. So I really enjoyed the Rounds concept of the Heritage Cup. Would this work in the US? I feel like it would be a good way to get to a commercial break.

2. Pete Dunne, Toni Storm, and the Grizzled Young Veterans have all made their re-debut on the NXT brand in the past month or so. Is there not travel restrictions still (obvious not US travel restrictions but UK and Australia) or is WWE bypassing that?
    1. It didn't work so well when TNA did it, but I'd put that more on it being TNA. It certainly could work, but you would have to explain it very carefully and not do it too often.

2. They're either bypassing it or those people are now living in America on at least a semi-permanent basis.

Why are people upset that WWE isn't calling a move by a wrestler working for another company's namesake?

Jericho called it the codebreaker when he came back with the code stuff back in 07. Why would the move be called that when someone else does it? What do others have to do with coding.

I see no one upset that WWE changed the name of The Last Ride to the Spirit Bomb for Keith Lee? That's because the move is not actually called the Last Ride. Just like the double knee facebuster is not called the Codebreaker.
    People are upset about it because they like to complain. It's the Codebreaker because that's the popular name for it. Calling something the official name instead of the popular name makes you sound like Excalibur. You never want to sound like Excalibur, because Excalibur is bad.

Also: the Spirit Bomb and the Last Ride are different moves. The Spirit Bomb is a Last Ride into a sitout powerbomb. Yes that's a technicality, but no more so than a chokeslam being different than a Rock Bottom.

Or with anything in general.

7. Likes Storm Trooper liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Were you thinking what I was thinking when Jeff Hardy set up that table? ?Watch your head.? He seemed legitimately ok, but there?s no way that didn?t hurt a lot.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Which has been booked better this year, the WWE/Universal or the AEW championship?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Any chance the rest of Inner Circle just turns on Jericho?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm curious as to why you think that AEW working with Impact is a bad thing. Impact has improved a lot over the past year despite losing talent left and right

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    Were you thinking what I was thinking when Jeff Hardy set up that table? ?Watch your head.? He seemed legitimately ok, but there?s no way that didn?t hurt a lot.
    "Dang it Jeff stop doing this stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Which has been booked better this year, the WWE/Universal or the AEW championship?
    AEW, then WWE, the Universal, though AEW isn't running away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    Any chance the rest of Inner Circle just turns on Jericho?
    Yes but it's going to be awhile. Them eventually siding with MJF would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm curious as to why you think that AEW working with Impact is a bad thing. Impact has improved a lot over the past year despite losing talent left and right
    They had improved for a few months but it has been a downward slope (not spiral) since Slammiversary. Tommy Dreamer, Brian Myers and Swoggle have been getting pretty significant time. I know that isn't likely to be the focal point of anything involving AEW, but I don't want AEW slumming with them. Impact is a joke and has been for years. Why mess with someone like that for what seems like very little upside?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post

They had improved for a few months but it has been a downward slope (not spiral) since Slammiversary. Tommy Dreamer, Brian Myers and Swoggle have been getting pretty significant time. I know that isn't likely to be the focal point of anything involving AEW, but I don't want AEW slumming with them. Impact is a joke and has been for years. Why mess with someone like that for what seems like very little upside?
    Their roster is thin so them giving airtime to Dreamer and Myers is kind of understandable (Swoggle I don't get, although I'm ashamed to say I chuckled at the Wee-nominal One line) I'd argue the fact that Impact can build up almost anyone to a decent degree before they go to WWE or AEW is why AEW is partnering with them. They made new LAX a big deal, the Lucha Bros, Brian Cage, they reinvigorated John Morrison, the Rascalz are apparently going to NXT, there's constant rumours of Tessa Blanchard going to WWE or AEW. Yes these guys had the raw talent to make it big but it was their time in Impact that made the big companies take notice.

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Thread Information