Page 95 of 236 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: KB Answers Wrestling Questions

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Y'know, I've never seen the Flair/Steamboat trilogy, and I don't know who wins any of the matches. Rather than google it and accidently come across spoilers, could you point me towards the events I should be looking for, and if they're on the Network?
    Chi-Town Rumble
    Clash of the Champions VI (TV special)
    WrestleWar 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Is it bad that there was a small part of me that wanted to see Seth eat a Superman Punch when he hugged Roman after the announcement?

At the very least I wouldn't mind seeing Reigns celebrate with Rollins after Rollins topples Lesnar only for Roman to turn on him at Mania.
    Nope.

Yeah I'd expect that, as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Why didn't the Killer Bees get a run with the titles in the WWE?
    They were never better than the third or fourth best team in the company.

Quote Originally Posted by FunKay View Post
    Regarding WrestleMania, so far it seems we have as follows:

Ronda (C) vs. Becky vs. Charlotte
    Lesnar (C) vs. Rollins
    Bryan (C) vs. Kofi
    Batista vs. HHH
    Shane vs. Miz
    Murphy (C) vs. Tournament Winner [Probably Pre-Show]

That's effectively half the card filled - what else do you expect to fill in the rest?
    About 3 more triple threat matches and grudge matches that don't belong on Wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    I know I probably asked you this on that other site but why do people believe that Kevin Sullivan kill the Benoit family?
    Wrestling fans don't get where wrestling ends and real life begins.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Will John Cena ever win his 17th world title? Any idea who his WrestleMania opponent might be?

Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Will John Cena ever win his 17th world title? Any idea who his WrestleMania opponent might be?
    I don't think so at this point. It was supposed to be Lars Sullivan but that fell through so I don't think there is a plan at the moment.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So what's the deal with Teddy Hart. I just read an article with Davey Boy Smith Jr saying how he's dealt with certain issues. Wikipedia says he was the youngest person signed by WWE but he was let go because of his attitude.

Is he the biggest wasted potential in wrestling history and could he have been as big as people say?

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    So what's the deal with Teddy Hart. I just read an article with Davey Boy Smith Jr saying how he's dealt with certain issues. Wikipedia says he was the youngest person signed by WWE but he was let go because of his attitude.

Is he the biggest wasted potential in wrestling history and could he have been as big as people say?
    Teddy Hart was only 18 when he signed with WWE, which in and of itself could be considered a mistake because how many 18 year olds are legitimately mature enough to be able really hold up on that sort of a stage? When it comes to arrogance, based on what I've read, Teddy Hart was the stuff of legent and had it from the moment he signed with WWE. He constantly clashed with trainers, he got into altercations backstage, felt like he already knew everything and it just kept going to such a point that WWE let him go without him even hitting the main roster.

He worked the indie scene here and there for the next few years and, allegedly, one of his only appearances for Ring of Honor ended with him sort of embarrassing himself and the company. The story goes that some wrestlers were just sort of ribbing him by saying he wasn't a good high flyer, which wasn't true but they were saying it because they knew it'd get a rise out of him. So, following his match that night, rather than selling the effects of the moves he'd been pinned with, he started doing random flips and high spots off the top rope and off top of the steel cage he'd been wrestling inside. Rather than doing what a professional is supposed to do, he decided to go into business for himself and do all these various flips and flops without telling anyone and the result was that this was one of his only appearances for Ring of Honor.

He started working for TNA sometime later in 2003 and eventually got into a public fight in a restaurant with none other than CM Punk, who himself had publicly said what a jerk Hart was though he himself was never exactly a prize, and they had to be separated by Sabu.

Basically, it ended up being pretty much the same story wherever he'd show up to work, at least in most cases. He burned bridges in WWE, TNA, ROH, rubbed people the wrong way in Japan, etc.. One of the few endearing traits is that, at times, he'll bring his cat, Mr. Money, into the ring.

Could he have been a big star? I think it's possible. During his time in WWE, I could see him having an Owen Hart level career in which he has some runs with the Tag Team, Intercontinental and possibly United States Championships, before leaving in the mid 2000s due to wanting to be a main eventer but not getting the shot. So, he gives ROH a try for a few years, maybe wins the ROH World Championship for a while before heading to TNA as TNA started to try signing any remotely relevant former WWE star they could beginning around 2008 or so. While in TNA, I see him mostly as a tag team or X Division guy considering that circa 2008 through around 2012 is a time where you're going to have a lot of Sting, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy in the main event picture. By 2011 or so, if he's gotten into Hulk Hogan's good graces, then maybe he could've had a couple of runs as TNA World Heavyweight Champion, given that Hogan had tons of influence on Dixie Carter. If not, then I think he'd have left and maybe gone back to WWE where he might have won the World Heavyweight Championship; after Taker's 3rd run with the WHC ended in late February 2010, the title really became more along the lines of what the IC title was supposed to be rather than a title on equal footing with the WWE Championship.

Overall, I think Teddy Hart, had he not been crippled with overwhelming immaturity, arrogance and just a general gift of rubbing people the wrong way, would have had a career along similar lines of Christian when it was all said and done.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Maybe IĆ¢??m getting but I cannot remember the last time WWE produced a fued where I was truely excited to see the match on the basis of neither man could afford to lose!!

Maybe Rock vs Cena 1?

9. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1709 View Post
    Maybe I’m getting but I cannot remember the last time WWE produced a fued where I was truely excited to see the match on the basis of neither man could afford to lose!!

Maybe Rock vs Cena 1?
    That's pretty much it. Cena vs. Punk was close too.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How do you feel about Tom Lawlor and what sort of ceiling do you think he has in pro wrestling? Was always a fan of him in his UFC days, a genuine personality.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Teddy Hart was only 18 when he signed with WWE, which in and of itself could be considered a mistake because how many 18 year olds are legitimately mature enough to be able really hold up on that sort of a stage? When it comes to arrogance, based on what I've read, Teddy Hart was the stuff of legent and had it from the moment he signed with WWE. He constantly clashed with trainers, he got into altercations backstage, felt like he already knew everything and it just kept going to such a point that WWE let him go without him even hitting the main roster.

He worked the indie scene here and there for the next few years and, allegedly, one of his only appearances for Ring of Honor ended with him sort of embarrassing himself and the company. The story goes that some wrestlers were just sort of ribbing him by saying he wasn't a good high flyer, which wasn't true but they were saying it because they knew it'd get a rise out of him. So, following his match that night, rather than selling the effects of the moves he'd been pinned with, he started doing random flips and high spots off the top rope and off top of the steel cage he'd been wrestling inside. Rather than doing what a professional is supposed to do, he decided to go into business for himself and do all these various flips and flops without telling anyone and the result was that this was one of his only appearances for Ring of Honor.

He started working for TNA sometime later in 2003 and eventually got into a public fight in a restaurant with none other than CM Punk, who himself had publicly said what a jerk Hart was though he himself was never exactly a prize, and they had to be separated by Sabu.

Basically, it ended up being pretty much the same story wherever he'd show up to work, at least in most cases. He burned bridges in WWE, TNA, ROH, rubbed people the wrong way in Japan, etc.. One of the few endearing traits is that, at times, he'll bring his cat, Mr. Money, into the ring.

Could he have been a big star? I think it's possible. During his time in WWE, I could see him having an Owen Hart level career in which he has some runs with the Tag Team, Intercontinental and possibly United States Championships, before leaving in the mid 2000s due to wanting to be a main eventer but not getting the shot. So, he gives ROH a try for a few years, maybe wins the ROH World Championship for a while before heading to TNA as TNA started to try signing any remotely relevant former WWE star they could beginning around 2008 or so. While in TNA, I see him mostly as a tag team or X Division guy considering that circa 2008 through around 2012 is a time where you're going to have a lot of Sting, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy in the main event picture. By 2011 or so, if he's gotten into Hulk Hogan's good graces, then maybe he could've had a couple of runs as TNA World Heavyweight Champion, given that Hogan had tons of influence on Dixie Carter. If not, then I think he'd have left and maybe gone back to WWE where he might have won the World Heavyweight Championship; after Taker's 3rd run with the WHC ended in late February 2010, the title really became more along the lines of what the IC title was supposed to be rather than a title on equal footing with the WWE Championship.

Overall, I think Teddy Hart, had he not been crippled with overwhelming immaturity, arrogance and just a general gift of rubbing people the wrong way, would have had a career along similar lines of Christian when it was all said and done.
    Yeah that, though he's having something close to a career renaissance in MLW.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    How do you feel about Tom Lawlor and what sort of ceiling do you think he has in pro wrestling? Was always a fan of him in his UFC days, a genuine personality.
    He definitely has talent, but he needs coaching on his promos. They have fire, but he needs someone to tell him when to stop talking.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have a few questions about the Becky vs Charlotte vs Rousey story.

Why did Becky, the face, lose clean at the Royal Rumble and then attack Carmella to enter and win a Rumble match she wasn't supposed to be in?

Why did Becky refuse to see the doctors?

Why did Ronda vacate her title in protest of Becky being suspended even though she cost Becky her title at TLC and Becky had attacked Ronda the week before?

Why did Stephanie give Ronda her title back after she merely asked for it?

Why did Ronda then turn heel by attacking Becky even though she supported her the last week?

Why does Becky have to beat Charlotte even though she's done it multiple times to get back in a WrestleMania match she was removed from for being injured even though she wasn't?

A face Becky winning the belt against a heel Ronda and Charlotte is a great ending, but why does the build have to be so complicated?

Thread Information