Page 50 of 236 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: KB Answers Wrestling Questions

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Another week with more questions, many of which are expanded versions of the ones I was asked in here. Make sure to check it out and as always, watch the videos, which offer a bit more context.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/ask-wres...-june-30-2018/

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm surprised you didn't abandon my Ziggler question once the paragraph was done. Great read!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Which WWE "Superstar" is having the best run in 2018; Rollins, Styles or Strowman?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Which wrestler has been misused the most by WWE in the last 4 years?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Cough*DamienSandow* ahem....

Well not to steal KB's thunder and im sure he has a different answer, but yeah. Talk about white hot to nothing in a blink. He could have been an NXT staple or great mid card hand on SD.

Or, well i guess it depends on what u mean by misused. Ascension became a joke, (a true AOP vs Ascension match would have been epic), Roman has been misused in the main event, Hitami never took off, etc...

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I'm gonna be bold here and I'm gonna go with Roman Reigns.

I know that going with Reigns might sound funny, even stupid when you get right down to it, but I'm basing it off the fact that here we are no closer to seeing Roman Reigns embraced as a babyface in the way Vince McMahon wants now as we were when the Reigns mega push began about 4 years ago. Yes, Reigns has had several WWE Championship runs and big moments, including wins at WrestleMania but these were all done not because Reigns was so over that he deserved it, but because Vince was so desperate to get Reigns over that he tried to manufacture these big happenings and moments. Nothing that Vince has tried with Reigns has been remotely organic, it's been like trying to push a round peg not throug a square hole but a piece of wood that doesn't even have a hole in it. For instance, the big thing since the GRR has been to try and portray Roman as this underdog heel fighting from underneath against a system that's screwing him over, which I think is the single dumbest thing Vince has ever tried with Reigns; it's like trying to say that the 60s Batman TV series was serious drama. Fans, other wrestlers, writers, wrestling insiders, etc. have known for decades that the "system" set up by Vince McMahon was meant EXACTLY for someone like Roman Reigns and the fans ain't gonna suspend disbelief to buy into it. Reigns' work on the mic is acceptable, all things considered, and universes ahead of where it was a few years back and he very often does put on very good matches, but a lot of fans don't "like" Roman Reigns as a character and much of that, in my eyes, is the fault of Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

I know that Reigns is very much an outside the box sort of pick for a question like this. He's been WWE Champion 3 times along with runs as Tag Team, United States and Intercontinental Champion. He's a Royal Rumble winner and has been in the main event of WrestleMania the past several years in a row. On the surface, you'd think he was someone that was just batting a thousand. Aside from the run as a tag champ with Seth Rollins as a member of the Shield, the other big accomplishments and moments were awarded to Reigns not because he was so over that it was logical but because, and I hate to use this phrase but it's pretty accurate, Vince was busy shoving Reigns down the collective throats of WWE fans in desperation to basically make them accept Reigns as the next top guy. Reigns is a top star in the company, he's had too much given to him and has demonstrated too much legit ability to not be, but Vince keeps stirring up shitstorms with his corporate, antiseptic, nonorganic ideas to get Reigns over at the level that he believes he should be and poor Reigns is the guy that winds up catching all the hell.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 07-02-2018 at 04:51 AM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes Echelon, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You going to the WWE SummerSlam Heat Wave house show on July 21? It's in your home town.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    You going to the WWE SummerSlam Heat Wave house show on July 21? It's in your home town.
    Yep. And the Raw two days later in Cincinnati.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Which WWE "Superstar" is having the best run in 2018; Rollins, Styles or Strowman?

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What happened to Cesaro and Sheamus?

Thread Information