Page 56 of 236 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: KB Answers Wrestling Questions

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milenko View Post
    Does WWE own the rights to the name British Bulldog?
    Not that I know of, though it may vary by country. Also, if Harry Smith wants to use it on some small show that will never see the light of YouTube, WWE isn't going to care.

Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    Come summerslam brock lesnar will be 500 days as champ, the last person to carry the main strap for 500 days is hogan. How do the number times each man defended the title on television compare?
    Well, Hogan defended it on TV at least once (Main Event I) so he's ahead of Lesnar. Not counting the dozens of televised house show defenses which only aired locally/maybe on Prime Time Wrestling, I can find about 25 televised title defenses from January 23, 1984 to February 5, 1988. That's about one every two months, give or take. So yeah, Hogan defended it pretty frequently, especially considering that in that time period there were four total pay per views and no such thing as Monday Night Raw.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Not that I know of, though it may vary by country. Also, if Harry Smith wants to use it on some small show that will never see the light of YouTube, WWE isn't going to care.

Well, Hogan defended it on TV at least once (Main Event I) so he's ahead of Lesnar. Not counting the dozens of televised house show defenses which only aired locally/maybe on Prime Time Wrestling, I can find about 25 televised title defenses from January 23, 1984 to February 5, 1988. That's about one every two months, give or take. So yeah, Hogan defended it pretty frequently, especially considering that in that time period there were four total pay per views and no such thing as Monday Night Raw.
    Are you not counting PPV title defences?

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    Are you not counting PPV title defences?
    Lesnar has had 6 televised defenses compared to Hogan, which still puts him at a pretty slow pace by comparison.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Who were some of Hulk Hogan's opponents on House Shows for the WWF Championship post WM 3 to January 1988?

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Miz View Post
    If Vince weren't so hands on what the commentators can say, then would Michael Cole be regarded at higher praise than what he gets???
    No love for me .....
    The Day Wrestling Got Too Real

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Miz View Post
    If Vince weren't so hands on what the commentators can say, then would Michael Cole be regarded at higher praise than what he gets???
    Oh yeah. If you can find it, check out Showdown at Shea and the 2002 Global Warning shows. Cole does both shows without Vince in his ear and he's funny, smooth and rather good at his job.

Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Who were some of Hulk Hogan's opponents on House Shows for the WWF Championship post WM 3 to January 1988?
    Kamala, Harley Race, Randy Savage, Killer Khan and the One Man Gang.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Was just wondering has anybody lost at all 4 of the â??big 4â?? Ppvs in the same calendar year?? The closest I can find so far is cm punk who lost 3 outta 4 in 2013 (no wonder he was upset &#128514

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Who was more over in 05, Cena or Batista?

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Supposedly WWE offered Tommy Dreamer money to close House Of Hardcore. And with the rumour they were also trying to buy PWG are WWE worried indie wrestling is showing them up?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1709 View Post
    Was just wondering has anybody lost at all 4 of the ‘big 4’ Ppvs in the same calendar year?? The closest I can find so far is cm punk who lost 3 outta 4 in 2013 (no wonder he was upset ��)
    Sure. Booker T. in 2006 for one of probably dozens.

Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Who was more over in 05, Cena or Batista?
    Batista by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Supposedly WWE offered Tommy Dreamer money to close House Of Hardcore. And with the rumour they were also trying to buy PWG are WWE worried indie wrestling is showing them up?
    Possibly, but it's also taking away money that could be spent on the Network. Spend money to get rid competition in the same industry to hopefully get their fans' money.

Thread Information