Page 87 of 236 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: KB Answers Wrestling Questions

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Who should give Rousey her first loss?
    Becky for lack of anyone else.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How much bigger would Randy Orton have been if he wasn't an asshole/had personal problems. Would he be on Cena's level?

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Who'll be the womens tag champs?

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    How much bigger would Randy Orton have been if he wasn't an asshole/had personal problems. Would he be on Cena's level?
    Nah. Cena had that natural charisma to him and even if you take away all of Orton's faults, it doesn't add those positives.

Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Who'll be the womens tag champs?
    Probably Bayley/Sasha, for the most boring option possible. Well aside from Nia and Tamina.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm currently shopping around and seeing which are the best wrestling books out there. So, which books are good to read? One from a wrestling personnel (i.e. wrestler, manager, announcer, producer, etc) and one from a non wrestling personnel (i.e. you of course lol) would be good.

Also, which is the worst book out there and clearly should be avoided by all means necessary?
    The Day Wrestling Got Too Real

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Miz View Post
    I'm currently shopping around and seeing which are the best wrestling books out there. So, which books are good to read? One from a wrestling personnel (i.e. wrestler, manager, announcer, producer, etc) and one from a non wrestling personnel (i.e. you of course lol) would be good.

Also, which is the worst book out there and clearly should be avoided by all means necessary?
    I'm going to go on a limb and say $2000 isn't happening so Gary Hart's book isn't an option.

For non-wrestling personnel, anything by Tim Hornbaker. He's one of the best wrestling historians I've ever seen and has written three books: one on the NWA, one on the Capitol Wrestling Corporation and one on the Death of the Territories. Outstanding stuff with some of the most detailed looks at any promotions I've ever seen. If you want history that is entertaining but not the most unbiased (to put it mildly), the Death of WCW (though there are some factual errors). For a specific promotion, Heath McCoy's Pain and Passion is an outstanding one on Stampede Wrestling.

For wrestling personnel, Foley's first book (Have A Nice Day) is pretty much the gold standard. Bret Hart's book is great, as are Chris Jericho's. I was fascinated by AJ Lee's book, though it gets very rough when she's talking about her mental health issues and it's written in a very quirky style. Finally, if you can sit through it, William Regal's is incredible but he goes into the most details I've ever seen about drug abuse and it's honestly hard to take.

The worst ones for me are Goldust (I read it in a few hours and got very little out of it) and Jimmy Snuka's (Which is just....I'm not sure how to put it. It's short and a chunk of it is a glossary of his own lingo.). Roddy Piper's is the definition of full of himself and I was rolling my eyes more every page. Brock Lesnar's isn't worth your time either.

Let me know what you pick or what you're considering.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    can you (or anyone) explain to me why there are people who think the reported "mass" exodus of talent requesting their release is at all bad for WWE?

If they lost the 5 names reported, as well as the people the internet wants to leave for AEW (Ryder, Dillinger, etc), literally the only thing that will do is free up the main roster for people that arguably have been toiling in NXT, or keep the roster smaller and you're good.

Honestly WWE could lose 20 people from their main roster and it wouldn't hurt them one bit, especially with the way they've been signing people. Just call up Undisputed Era and Aleister Black to replace the 20 people lost, and the main roster is perfectly fine, hell it's arguably better.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    can you (or anyone) explain to me why there are people who think the reported "mass" exodus of talent requesting their release is at all bad for WWE?

If they lost the 5 names reported, as well as the people the internet wants to leave for AEW (Ryder, Dillinger, etc), literally the only thing that will do is free up the main roster for people that arguably have been toiling in NXT, or keep the roster smaller and you're good.

Honestly WWE could lose 20 people from their main roster and it wouldn't hurt them one bit, especially with the way they've been signing people. Just call up Undisputed Era and Aleister Black to replace the 20 people lost, and the main roster is perfectly fine, hell it's arguably better.
    Dillinger and Mike Kanellis combined for 12 televised matches last year (ignoring Main Event). WWE is going to be fine as these people aren't even names that matter int he first place. Ziggler maybe, and he's hardly irreplaceable. This isn't that big of a deal.

16. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Would you say its more of wishful thinking on the part of internet fans that WWE is in trouble?

18. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Would you say its more of wishful thinking on the part of internet fans that WWE is in trouble?
    Absolutely. WWE is getting a BILLION dollars to go on broadcast television later this year. AEW isn't running their first show until nearly two months after Wrestlemania. As of now they have no TV and a bunch of old guys (Jericho and Daniels are both 48), the Young Bucks, Cody (who has never broken out to that next level) and a bunch of people without Wikipedia pages. Oh wait but they might get Tye Dillinger and Mike Kanellis.

Here's the thing: this is WWE's world. Do you think Vince McMahon, who just spent $100 million on a football league, wouldn't drop $250 million to run these people off in a hurry? We don't even know if AEW wants to take on WWE or be the new Ring of Honor. They announced the company 17 days ago. I think it's ok to calm way, way down, no matter how much these "wrestling fans" hate WWE, for whatever reason.

20. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information