Page 130 of 236 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2358

Thread: KB Answers Wrestling Questions

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Is Vince a bit retarded with the things he finds funny?
    No. He's a lot bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    Who would've taken over in New York in the mid-60's when WWWF had no tv? My guess is Verne Gagne. Thoughts?
    That's a little far for Gagne. Really I'm not sure, though someone out of Canada could have been an option. The Rougeaus maybe?

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How are they going to get out of the fiend not winning at crown jewel?

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    How are they going to get out of the fiend not winning at crown jewel?
    They'll have him get pinned, move him full time to Smackdown, and then blame everyone but themselves when he loses steam.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thoughts on Gino Hernandez?
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Crazy charisma and character stuff, not that great in the ring.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    They'll have him get pinned, move him full time to Smackdown, and then blame everyone but themselves when he loses steam.
    Ah standard WWE practice. Brand move means nothing has ever happened before. I feel like Rollins escaping a cage in fear would be a better option.

Anyway, so I had to watch my nephew last night and missed AEW. When Private Party beat the Bucks I thought theyâ??d be pushing a good, young tag team. Now I see they lost to, what seems to me so far, a pretty generic Lucha tag team. In fairness to all, my first exposure to most of AEW started when they aired on TNT. What am I missing there?

9. Likes mrluck_07, Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    Ah standard WWE practice. Brand move means nothing has ever happened before. I feel like Rollins escaping a cage in fear would be a better option.

Anyway, so I had to watch my nephew last night and missed AEW. When Private Party beat the Bucks I thought they’d be pushing a good, young tag team. Now I see they lost to, what seems to me so far, a pretty generic Lucha tag team. In fairness to all, my first exposure to most of AEW started when they aired on TNT. What am I missing there?
    Oh.....the Lucha Bros aren't generic. You might want to try them again. They might be the best team in the world at the moment. Beating the Bucks was the prize for Private Party, not the titles.

Would have excelled in WWF from the mid 80s on really. Great personality, lots of charisma, practically oozed the sort of heel sleaze that Joey Ryan wishes he could without coming off like a pervert. As far as his in-ring work goes, he was pretty solid but nothing overly spectacular. He's someone who I think would've been an upper mid-card and tag team star had he gone to WCW or the WWF. I think he'd have gotten an occasional push into the main event picture, MAYBE, just MAYBE a brief World Championship run here and there but I think that if he went to WCW, that the TV, US and Tag Team Championship pictures would've ultimately defined his place there while the IC and Tag Team Championships would've ultimately been more his place in the WWF.

Hernandez's problem wasn't a lack of ability or talent, the guy had a major drug problem and hung around with people of less than reputable status. A lot of his friends outside of pro wrestling were drug dealers, some allegedly heavily connected with the Mexican cartels, etc. so I think he would've had a long, prosperous career had he gotten off the sauce and said adios to those kinds of "friends."
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 10-25-2019 at 02:51 AM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post

Anyway, so I had to watch my nephew last night and missed AEW. When Private Party beat the Bucks I thought they’d be pushing a good, young tag team. Now I see they lost to, what seems to me so far, a pretty generic Lucha tag team. In fairness to all, my first exposure to most of AEW started when they aired on TNT. What am I missing there?
    As KB said, the reward for Private Party was the upset win over the Bucks. AEW wanted to give an impression that even relative nobodies at any given time can come out of nowhere and beat the big timers. It's a good strategy really and AEW probably felt it was best to have someone more established as the company's first tag champs. Besides, the Bucks didn't lose anything in that match as everyone knows they're going to be champions someday; hell, they're company executives, so of course they're going to be champions at some point. Considering that it's been a rare thing to see the Bucks run around without any championships for the last 3 years or so, I think the longer they go without being champions, the fresher it'll be and feel when they do get them.

As far as the Lucha Bros. being generic...well, yeah I think they kind of are too. I agree considering that it's essentially two Mexican wrestlers running around in colorful masks & ring attire pulling off all this crazily athletic stuff in the ring, using heavily and overly choreographed spots sometimes, hardly ever speak but when they do speak it'll almost entirely be in Spanish. So yeah, that's probably 90% or more of every wrestler in Mexico who ranges from 150 to 215 lbs..
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Oh.....the Lucha Bros aren't generic. You might want to try them again. They might be the best team in the world at the moment. Beating the Bucks was the prize for Private Party, not the titles.
    Iâ??m not giving up. I plan on giving AEW at least a years chance. So Iâ??m sure Iâ??ll see them again. But I was just saying, I donâ??t see the appeal. Theyâ??re good in the ring. Fine. But if what JH said is true, Iâ??m not overly excited.

On a side note, what Iâ??m noticing is that AEW seems good at pushing stories while still not pushing them every week. What I mean is you donâ??t see all the non main event stories every week, but they can still maintain them well. At least so far.

Thread Information