Page 35 of 236 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Obviously it's still early, but what are your thoughts on Ronda Rousey thus far?

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Where's this angle with Dakota Kai and Shayna Bazsler going?
    I'm not KB but I wouldn't mind putting in my 2 cents worth. It might take a bit to get to my point and I might ramble, so apologies in advance.

Shayna Baszler's character is a bully, a tried and true bully the likes of which hasn't been seen in WWE in quite a long while. Dakota Kai is a bubbly, perky and sweet gal that, in some ways, puts me in mind of Bayley in that she seems sorta "innocent." In short, she's the perfect target for some types of bullies.

We're taught that bullies are cowards at heart and that's probably true to some degree, even in the case of Baszler's character, but Baszler's character, to me, is also the sort of bully that has this need, this almost compulsion really, to remind people how dangerous she is, that she's the alpha female, that she's on top. Dakota was "traumatized" to some degree when Baszler choked her out at the WWE Performance Center and it's a hold that, if properly locked in, can be used to kill someone quickly and, from a storyline perspective, this may have been the closest that Dakota has come in her life to "dying" because of how long Baszler held on and for how long she refused to relinquish the hold. From a kayfabe perspective, leaving the hold on for so long could have caused permanent damage to Kai and she basically freezes up in fear whenever Baszler is near her.

As to where the angle is ultimately going, it's being used to build sympathy for Dakota as a babyface and to put heat on Baszler. Dakota's nice, Baszler's a bitch and it will probably culminate with Dakota overcoming her paralyzing fear for Baszler. Even if she doesn't wind up winning the title form Baszler, she'll have stood up for herself and ultimately given Baszler a difficult challenge to overcome so even if Dakota doesn't walk away with championship gold, she'll have reclaimed her piece of mind and sense of self-respect by taking it to the person who hurt her. As for Baszler, she still comes off looking like a badass bitch even if Dakota puts up a good fight and gives her a tough challenge.

I can relate to it, to some degree, as I had a bully to deal with when I was in 3rd grade with a guy two grades higher up. As most bullies would do, he just kept at me and kept at me until I finally had enough. He blacked both my eyes and split my lip while I split his lip, managed to land a glancing nut shot and damn near bit his nose off before we were broken up. All things considered, he was probably ahead on points but he never bothered me again after that.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Which Reign of Terror was worse? Triple H 2002-2005 or Cena 06-whenever?

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Where's this angle with Dakota Kai and Shayna Bazsler going?
    Hopefully Brooklyn with Kai overcoming her fear and fighting back.

Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Obviously it's still early, but what are your thoughts on Ronda Rousey thus far?
    Big fan (my rather large crush on her having no part in this of course). I actually like the laughing and smiling stuff as it plays so well against the death stare, which is all she needs along with any hold she picks. You can't teach that kind of athleticism and with some time in there and big match pressure, she's going to be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    I'm not KB but I wouldn't mind putting in my 2 cents worth. It might take a bit to get to my point and I might ramble, so apologies in advance.

Shayna Baszler's character is a bully, a tried and true bully the likes of which hasn't been seen in WWE in quite a long while. Dakota Kai is a bubbly, perky and sweet gal that, in some ways, puts me in mind of Bayley in that she seems sorta "innocent." In short, she's the perfect target for some types of bullies.

We're taught that bullies are cowards at heart and that's probably true to some degree, even in the case of Baszler's character, but Baszler's character, to me, is also the sort of bully that has this need, this almost compulsion really, to remind people how dangerous she is, that she's the alpha female, that she's on top. Dakota was "traumatized" to some degree when Baszler choked her out at the WWE Performance Center and it's a hold that, if properly locked in, can be used to kill someone quickly and, from a storyline perspective, this may have been the closest that Dakota has come in her life to "dying" because of how long Baszler held on and for how long she refused to relinquish the hold. From a kayfabe perspective, leaving the hold on for so long could have caused permanent damage to Kai and she basically freezes up in fear whenever Baszler is near her.

As to where the angle is ultimately going, it's being used to build sympathy for Dakota as a babyface and to put heat on Baszler. Dakota's nice, Baszler's a bitch and it will probably culminate with Dakota overcoming her paralyzing fear for Baszler. Even if she doesn't wind up winning the title form Baszler, she'll have stood up for herself and ultimately given Baszler a difficult challenge to overcome so even if Dakota doesn't walk away with championship gold, she'll have reclaimed her piece of mind and sense of self-respect by taking it to the person who hurt her. As for Baszler, she still comes off looking like a badass bitch even if Dakota puts up a good fight and gives her a tough challenge.

I can relate to it, to some degree, as I had a bully to deal with when I was in 3rd grade with a guy two grades higher up. As most bullies would do, he just kept at me and kept at me until I finally had enough. He blacked both my eyes and split my lip while I split his lip, managed to land a glancing nut shot and damn near bit his nose off before we were broken up. All things considered, he was probably ahead on points but he never bothered me again after that.
    Pretty much. Kai is a very friendly, sweet character and Baszler looks like a villain from a cool 80s movie. The pop when Kai defends herself is going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Elky View Post
    Which Reign of Terror was worse? Triple H 2002-2005 or Cena 06-whenever?
    HHH by far as he was having some horrible, horrible matches. Cena at least had charisma while HHH was trying to be 1986 Ric Flair and failing miserably.

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What did we do to deserve Roman vs Jinder?

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    What did we do to deserve Roman vs Jinder?
    Oh...I don't know...but I'm sure it's good for a death sentence or two.

12. Likes ShinChan, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Do you reckon WWE will let Jeff Hardy use the facepaint again?

He seems to wear it at house shows if his instagram is anything to go by. Or would it conflict with Finn Balor and his facepaint

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Do you reckon WWE will let Jeff Hardy use the facepaint again?

He seems to wear it at house shows if his instagram is anything to go by. Or would it conflict with Finn Balor and his facepaint
    I doubt it as Balor hasn't worn any in months. Probably just a Vince quirk.

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bro, when will Braun win the Universal Championship?

18. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Bro, when will Braun win the Universal Championship?
    Either Summerslam at the latest or never. Well not for a long time at least.

20. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information