Thread: Did anyone else watch this year's G1 Climax Tournament?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did anyone else watch this year's G1 Climax Tournament?

I really don't understand how a person can complain about WWE all day but not watch NJPW. These past 2 years they have absolutely delivered some of the greatest matches and storytelling in professional wrestling history. You guys have no idea what you're missing out on!

Shell out the $10 for NJPW World and just watch the G1 Climax final between Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi. It's one of the most beautiful and flat out best matches you'll ever have the pleasure of sitting through. And once that match wins you over, go watch Ibushi vs. Omega from the day before, Okada vs. Tanahashi from the day before that, and then Omega vs. Ishii from a few days before that. If you're not hooked after that, then fine... move on and never give it another shot, because for some odd reason NJPW isn't for you.

But, give it a fair shot first. Every G1 match this year had English commentary so not understanding what's going on is no longer an excuse. If you're a pro wrestling fan, I just cannot fathom how you wouldn't enjoy this company.

If you do try it and enjoy it, come back to this thread and I'll list the other must see matches from the company these past few years. There's so much great, great stuff. I myself didn't really get into it until this year when the Strong Style Evolved show aired live on AXS in March. I saw the first Okada vs. Omega match many months before that and loved it, but it was randomly watching this show by chance that really made me want to become a fan of the product. I subscribed to NJPW World the next day and I'm so glad I did because since then I've had the enjoyment of watching so many great matches and stories from this beautiful company. I hope the same happens to you if you decide to give it a try.

Anyway, for the other fans here of NJPW... what did you think of G1? Did you love it as much as I did? Were you happy with the results?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have tried watching NJPW and yes, their matches are great. But I can't follow their storylines. I'm too hooked to the way WWE presents storylines, through stories, promos and drama. And yes, that drama sucks but when it's good, it's way too good. So I can't quite follow NJPW.

I really liked what Jericho did there, because he actually made it seem like a running storyline, but it's difficult for me to connect with the other guys there. However, I respect them for actually delivering long term storylines that can actually have effect 10 years later, even though the way they present them simply doesn't work for me.

3. Likes jmt225, Jack-Hammer liked this post

Thread Information