Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KB Answers Non-Wrestling Questions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thoughts on UK's basketball season thus far? NCAA Tournament bound?

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Really, really not pleased but I can't stand Calipari. He's been quoted multiple times as saying his job is to get players into the NBA. As a UK fan, screw that. His job is to win NCAA Championships, not pad his resume with having X players in the pros. It also means we have all these freshmen every single year. I could tell you every player from the 1998 team down to the lowest players on the bench. I doubt I could give you three of this year's starting five.

We'll go to the tournament and need a miracle to make the second weekend.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    Cool stuff. I've actually got a rapport with the leader of the Welsh Liberal Democrats (third biggest party in Britain since UKIP collapsed after Brexit), and I've been trying to advocate for the party to contest the centre ground, as Labour moves further and further left, and the Conservatives are on the brink of civil war between the economic and cultural right.

What do you think of the Democrats right now? What do you think they need to do to win in 2020, outside of trying to look like the lesser evil?
    SO you're telling me that you are persuading Jane Dodds to get the lib dems, who are fairly central, to move central?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Really, really not pleased but I can't stand Calipari. He's been quoted multiple times as saying his job is to get players into the NBA. As a UK fan, screw that. His job is to win NCAA Championships, not pad his resume with having X players in the pros. It also means we have all these freshmen every single year. I could tell you every player from the 1998 team down to the lowest players on the bench. I doubt I could give you three of this year's starting five.

We'll go to the tournament and need a miracle to make the second weekend.
    After that bold part I can't in good faith make fun of you for being a UK fan for at least a solid week.

I've never thought him to be all that great of an actual coach. Certainly he isn't crap, he has had very good runs at UMASS and Memphis (well the wins that didn't get vacated anyway) but most of his success is built on his recruiting ability. Much better recruit than coach for my money.

Take Shaka Smart at Texas. I'm a fan of Texas collegiate teams, mostly for football but it feels weird to root for a college in one sport and then not another, but a lot of the fanbase was thrilled when he was hired because of the work he did with VCU. Thing is, Smart is sort of the anti Calipari. He works best getting the most talent out of lesser players, and fans were upset he didn't have instant success. Sure, being at UT is going to help him pull in better recruits and I think in two years he will find his footing and make Texas into a yearly tournament team, but if I had to pick the better Xs and Os coach, its Smart all day.

Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah I'm not a Calipari fan. I did like Smart though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Do you and Sly still admin/mod at WZ?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I do. Sly's removal lead to the founding of this place.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Will you quote notify me so I can see it? Thats a Non-Wrestling question right? ♥

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK-aholic View Post
    Will you quote notify me so I can see it? Thats a Non-Wrestling question right? ♥
    Just quote yourself.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK-aholic View Post
    Sure. But if you ask me to like every one of your posts like you do on Facebook, I'll be taking someone else to England in September.

11. Likes MF Doom liked this post

Thread Information